McDonald’s GCC-COOP McDonald’s™ “Spice it Up”
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("RULES")
1. PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES
The McDonald’s “Spice It Up” promotion, 2021 (the “Spice it Up”) will be conducted on the McDonald’s App, managed by McDonald’s GCC COOP (the “Promoter” or “McDonald’s”) from the following participating countries: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Oman (the “Territories”). Any reference within these Rules to the ‘Territories’ or ‘participating countries’ refers only to these six (6) countries.
To participate in the Promotion, you must:
a) be a resident of one of the Territories with a valid government issued identity card / residence visa or a passport issued in one of the Territories; and
b) Be a registered user of the McDonald’s App (a “Participant”)
Any inability to furnish a copy of the relevant document to satisfy condition (a) above may disqualify an otherwise valid Participant from redeeming his or her Prize.
The following are not eligible to participate: (i) any persons who, on or after
1 January 2017, were or are directors, officers or employees of McDonald’s Middle East Development Company (“MMEDC”), McDonald’s GCC Co-Op Inc. or any company responsible for redemption of prizes for the Promotion and their respective parent companies, franchisees, subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service agencies, and those companies retained in any way by McDonald’s for the administration of the Promotion, (ii) any company that buys and/or delivers McDonald’s products on behalf of McDonald’s customers, (iii) any other persons involved in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Promotion, (iv) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse or biological or adoptive or step – mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or dependent) of, or reside in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories, or otherwise restricted as required by law, (v) any person acting on behalf of a syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert, and (vi) any person entering via an agent or using the services of an organization which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
2. PARTICIPATION LIMITATIONS
To participate in the Promotion, you must be an adult of majority age, and be legally able to give consent (in each case based on applicable laws of your jurisdiction), on or before the date you attempt to redeem a Prize. If you are under the age of majority or are otherwise required to obtain permission of your legal guardian in your jurisdiction, your parent or legal guardian must give their consent for you to participate and you may obtain an Offer as outlined in condition 5. However, redemption of a Prize is strictly limited to Participants who are the age of majority or over in their jurisdiction and the restrictions set out in these rules.
- The Participant must be a resident of the Kingdom of Bahrain territory with a valid governmental issued identity card or residence visa.
- Upon winning each level of the game, the user will be eligible and automatically entered into the week’s draw to get a chance to win a Grand Prize. This is subject to user providing their most up to date personal information and agreeing to be.
- The winner is eligible to win the weekly prize only once.
- A randomized raffle draw will be made to pick 5 winners per week in the presence of a Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Tourism representative, over a period of 5 weeks. A total of 25 winners will get a chance to win 125 (selected) free meals.
- The participants will be able to increase their chances of winning the raffle prize by winning levels of the game and accumulating entries which can be seen on their profile and the points will reset every week on Saturday at 12:00 during the campaign period. Any entries accumulated from the previous week will be lost.
- The winners will be announced on the McDonald’s Bahrain social media platforms and on McDonald’s App and will be notified via email or mobile number. They are expected to respond within 7 days before enabling their prize at the end of the campaign activity.
- By participating in this competition, the participant automatically allows McDonald’s
Bahrain the right to publish their name on the McDonald’s Bahrain social media platforms.
- The prizes will be given out to each winner 10 days after the final draw on April 10, 2021.
3. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The calendar can be accessed starting at 00:00am (+3 GMT) on
March 6, 2021 and ending at 11:59pm (+3 GMT) on April 10, 2021. (the “Promotion Period”). These dates are subject to the availability of the promotional Offers (the “Offers”) while stocks last and subject to any laws or written directions from the relevant authorities. The deadline for Prize claims (as set out within these Rules) may consequently be unilaterally amended by the Promoter accordingly.
4. HOW TO ENTER
During the promotional period, user can enter the promotion only by downloading the McDonald’s App and creating an account and logging in. Once logged in, and the Terms & Conditions have been accepted, a participant will automatically be eligible to play “Spice it Up” game to enter the raffle.
5. PRIZE DETAILS AND CONDITION.
- Deals - All offers related to the “Spice it Up” are dynamically selected at the discretion of McDonald’s, including Meals, Snacks, Desserts and Breakfast items.
- Participants must have the bill payer's consent to use Internet or mobile Internet to claim the Deals. Data charges will remain your responsibility and will vary depending on the Internet service provider, usage plan or mobile carrier used (as applicable). You will need to refer to the terms of the contracts with your mobile carrier, usage plan or Internet service provider (as applicable) for costs. The charges for all data services will appear on your next mobile phone bill and/or Internet bill (as applicable). All general queries relating to carrier rates or mobile or Internet bills should be directed to your mobile phone carrier or Internet service provider (as applicable).
- Each Prize is exclusive to the Participant and is non-negotiable and non-exchangeable.
6. HOW TO CLAIM
Before claiming any offer, please pay attention to the appropriate section(s) below.
- All accumulated offers can only be claimed through the ‘Rewards” section of the McDonald’s App and redeemed in-store.
- The expiry date of all accumulated offers is determined at the discretion of McDonald’s and only valid while stocks last.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) the Promoter, Prize Partner, its agents, subcontractors, or any third parties shall not be liable for:(i) the accuracy or otherwise of the Prize description or illustration, (ii) the non-availability, loss, interception or interference with, late receipt or damage of or to any prize claim, prize or notification or other communication, (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded by the Promoter) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize, or (iv) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which Participants may be required to pay at any time in connection with a prize, (save to the extent that the Promoter has expressly and specifically accepted responsibility in these Rules for the same), or (v) all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to a person’s participation in the Promotion, or arising out of a person’s participation in any Promotion related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded to them.
All Prizes remain the property of the Promoter, pending redemption by Participants and
the Promoter reserves the right to dispose of any unclaimed prizes as they deem appropriate or as required by law.
For any prize which must be claimed by the winner’s parent / legal guardian, the Promoter will not be obliged to award it to anyone other than that parent/legal guardian, if the winner is less than the age of majority in their respective country. The Promoter may also withhold that award should the Promoter determine in its sole discretion that a dispute may have arisen as between the winner and the parent / legal guardian in relation to the Prize. The Promoter is not liable or responsible to verify the identity of the parent or legal guardian.
The submission of prize claims is the sole responsibility of the Participant. Any tax liability or life, health, travel, accident or other insurance (unless stated) associated with any prize is payable by the Participant and is their sole responsibility.
8. THE PROMOTER’S RIGHTS
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right and at any time at its absolute discretion and without giving any reason or notice, to vary, modify, or amend the terms of these Rules in such manner as the Promoter thinks fit. Any changes will be communicated on the website www.mcdonalds.com and all participants in the Promotion shall be deemed to have accepted such amended or modified terms by their ongoing participation in the Promotion.
In the event of any discrepancy between any printed Rules, short guides, declarations, or between the English and Arabic versions, the English Rules as communicated on the website will prevail.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter may (i) extend any time limit or waive any of these Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging the Promoter to relax these Rules on any further occasion for that entrant or at all for any other person), (ii) terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time due to supervening circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, or (ii) substitute the Prize deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any Prizes (or any
part of the Prize). The Promoter’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding.
At McDonald’s, we respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the personal information practices of McDonald’s with respect to information about our customers and others who visit our restaurants, Web sites and mobile apps, including the types of personal information we collect, how we may use this information, and with whom we may share it.
1. Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you when you visit one of our restaurants, use McDonald’s Web sites (“Sites”), or use our web or mobile device applications (“Mobile Apps”). We refer to our Sites and Apps collectively as “Online Services”.
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Transaction information, such as product purchased, price, method of payment and payment details.
- Personal details such as name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth and other contact information when you provide that information to us, such as if you register with our Online Services or enter a McDonald’s contest, competition, prize draw, or sweepstakes.
- Account information, such as username, password, and other identifiers or credentials used to access our Online Services or to acquire McDonald’s products and services.
- Other personal information you choose to provide when you interact with
The circumstances in which you provide personal information may include when you:
- purchase products at our restaurants.
- register to use our Online Services.
- request to receive marketing or other communications.
- use our Wi-Fi networks, kiosks, or other in-store technologies.
- enter in one of our contests, competitions, prize draws, or sweepstakes.
- submit information when providing feedback; or
- use interactive features of our Online Services.
Information Collected Through Automated Means
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins on our Online Services, such
as Facebook "Like" buttons, also may use automated means to collect information
regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
McDonald’s Online Services and in-restaurant technologies may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and location presence awareness technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. For most mobile devices and computer systems, you can withdraw your permission for McDonald’s to acquire this information on your location through the device or Web browser settings. If you have questions about how to disable collection of precise location information, we recommend you contact your mobile device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your Web browser provider. Please note that certain Online Services and
in-restaurant technologies may not function properly without precise location information. If you would like us to delete location information, we have collected that is identifiable to you, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information.
Combined Information We may combine personal information that we collect with information we receive from other sources, information about your prior transactions with McDonald’s and information that is automatically collected.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
McDonald’s may use the personal information we collect to:
fulfill your requests or orders and process payments for our products and services.
if you give us permission, communicate with you about products and services of McDonald’s
or our business partners that we believe may interest you.
· communicate with you about and administer your participation in contests, competitions, prize draws, sweepstakes, offers, promotions or special events.
· send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts with
· send information to your contacts if you request us to do so.
· provide customer support, respond to, and communicate with you about your requests, questions, and comments.
· enable you to post on our blogs and interact with McDonald’s through social media.
· personalize your experience on our Online Services and in-restaurant technologies, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested and making navigation to our Sites and Mobile Apps easier.
· perform data analytics, including consumer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis.
· operate, evaluate, and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; determination of the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and advertising efforts; and analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies.
· protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
· comply with applicable law.
We use automated information for purposes such as to (i) personalize the visitor experience in our restaurants or on our Online Services, (ii) deliver content (including advertising) tailored to our users' interests and the way our users browse our Online Services or in- restaurant technologies, and (iii) manage our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems; administer our Online Services; identify users of our Online Services; identify a device for fraud prevention purposes, to target advertising or to personalize users’ experiences; and gather demographic information about our users. We
also use automated information to determine usage patterns and how we may tailor our Online Services to better meet the needs of our users.
We may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
McDonald’s does not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
McDonald’s may share personal information within the McDonald’s Family. The McDonald’s Family includes McDonald’s Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, vendors, and franchisees. Members of the McDonald’s Family that receive this information from McDonald’s are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as provided in this Privacy Statement.
McDonald’s may share personal information with vendors that provide services to McDonald’s, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, administering promotions, contests, prize draws and sweepstakes, conducting research and performing analytics, and personalizing individual McDonald’s experiences. We do not authorize these vendors to use the personal information or to disclose it for any purpose other than to perform services on our behalf.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, McDonald’s decides to sell or transfer all or a portion of our business. We may transfer information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
McDonald’s reserves the right to use or disclose personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation, or legal request, to protect the integrity of our Online Services and in- restaurant technologies, to bring or defend against legal claims, to protect the rights, interests, safety and security of McDonald’s, McDonald’s employees or franchisees, or members of the public, or in connection with the investigation of fraud, illegal activity, or violation of McDonald’s policy.
4. Children's Privacy Notice
McDonald’s understands the importance of privacy of users of our Online Services. We are especially committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit or use our Online Services. This Children's Privacy Notice is designed to answer your questions regarding our practices with respect to personal information we collect through our Online Services from children under the age of .
1. What Personal Information Does McDonald’s Collect?
We offer many features on our Sites, like games and coloring books, which do not require a child to provide any personal information. On occasion, however, we may collect personal information, such as an email address from children as part of an activity. For example:
· We may collect a child's email address to notify the child if he or she has won or lost a contest, competition, prize draw or sweepstakes. In that event, we will notify the child using the email address the child supplies. We will not keep the email address or use it for any other purpose.
· We may collect a child's email address to respond to a request from the child on a one-time basis, such as to send the child a screen saver. In this case we promptly delete the email address from our system once we have responded, and we do not use the address for any other purpose.
We will not collect other personal information from a child under the age of , such as a [postal address] or telephone number, without the consent of a parent or guardian. If parent or guardian consent is required, we will collect the email address of the parent or guardian so
we can provide notice of our information practices and/or seek the parent's or guardian's consent.
McDonald’s will not condition a child's participation in any online activity on the child's disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
1. How Does McDonald’s Use the Personal Information It Collects?
We use email addresses submitted by a child to respond to the child's request or to notify the child if he or she has won or lost a contest, competition, prize draw, or sweepstakes they entered. We use the email address of a parent or guardian to provide the parent notice of our information practices or to seek the parent's or guardian's consent.
1. How Does McDonald’s Share Personal Information?
We may share a child's personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Online Services, take precautions against liability, or respond to judicial process or requests from other governmental authorities, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We also may share personal information collected from children with vendors that perform services for McDonald’s. These services may include hosting our Sites, providing technical services to McDonald’s, fulfilling requests, or administering a contest, competition, prize draw, or sweepstakes. We do not authorize such vendors to disclose the personal information we share with the mother than as necessary to perform the relevant service for McDonald’s.
1. Requests from Parents Regarding Our Children's Privacy Practices.
Parents may review personal information we have collected from their child that has not been deleted and can request that the personal information be deleted from our records if it has not been already. Parents also may refuse to permit further collection or use of their child's personal information when the parent has previously provided consent. To do so, please contact us at the address, telephone number or email address provided below with your request.
1. Who Should I Contact with Questions about Children’s Privacy?
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children's online activities. If you
have any questions about our children’s privacy practices, please contact us at: Privacy at McDonald’s Bahrain
Address: 8th Floor, Fakhro Tower, Building No. 470, Road 1010, Block 410, Sanabis
P.O. Box 812 Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain Contact: Email: email@example.com
5. Your Choices
If you have opted-in to marketing communications, you can elect not to receive marketing communications from McDonald’s by following the opt-out instructions in the marketing communications we send you; unsubscribing through the Subscriptions feature
on http://www.mcdonaldsarabia.com/bahrain/en/privacy.html or contacting us at the address, telephone number or email address provided below. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send communications to you concerning your transactions, accounts with McDonald’s and any contests, competitions, prize draws, or sweepstakes in which you have enrolled.
6. Access to and Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
If at any time you would like to access, correct, or delete personal information we have collected from you, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. In certain circumstances, including when required by applicable law, we will comply with your request.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before McDonald’s can provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request.
7. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to
set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
We may also use certain technologies to determine whether you have opened an e-mail or clicked on a link contained in an e-mail.
Please note the following:
· We offer certain features that are available only using cookies and other similar technologies.
· We use both session and persistent cookies and other tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or session-based (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of Online Services.
· We may encode and protect the tracking cookies and other tracking technologies
that McDonald’s sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
· Where video is available on our Online Services, we may target and track the videos you view. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through Online Services or third-party social media for up to two years, or as permitted by applicable law, or until consent is withdrawn.
8. Targeted Advertising
On our Online Services, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Privacy Statement provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
You may see certain ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based
and contextual means. These networks track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including using cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad networks may collect includes information about your visits to websites that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Online Services and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us evaluate our marketing efforts. You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting:
· www.aboutads.info/choices, or
Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
9. Links to Other Websites and Social Media
10. Information Security
McDonald’s is committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep personal information secure. We have in place technical, administrative, and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we take efforts to safeguard our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
11. Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and per McDonald’s records retention policies unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
12. International Data Transfers
McDonald’s is a franchisee in the McDonald’s Family, a global organization with business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders. As such, we may share information about you within the McDonald’s Family and transfer it to countries in the world where the McDonald’s Family carries on business in connection with the uses identified above and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. These countries may not have the same level of legal data protection as the country in which you initially provided the information.
13. Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we change the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here and change the “Effective Date” listed at the top of this Statement. We encourage you to check here periodically for the most up-to-date version of our Statement.
14. Party Names
Throughout this Statement, “McDonalds” collectively refers to the following McDonald’s
GCC Co-op Partners as applicable to your location:
· Emirates Fast Food Company LLC (UAE).
· Riyadh International Catering Corporation (Riyadh, KSA).
· REZA Food Services Company Limited (Jeddah, KSA).
· McDonald's Bahrain, Fakhro Restaurants Co. WLL (Bahrain).
· Maousherji Catering Company (Kuwait).
· Al Daud Restaurants - McDonald's Oman (Oman); and
· AlMana Restaurant and Food Company (Qatar).
15. How to Contact Us
Privacy at McDonald’s Bahrain
Address: 8th Floor, Fakhro Tower, Building No. 470, Road 1010, Block 410, Sanabis
P.O. Box 812 Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org