Workplace by Meta
References to McDonald’s UAE shall include the Directors and executives of said Company.
I. For Employees of McDonald’s UAE Only
- Access to Workplace is authorized only for the individual associated with each applicable username and password. Workplace may only be used while you remain employed by McDonald’s UAE or as otherwise authorized in writing by McDonald’s UAE. If your employment with McDonald’s UAE ends, your access to Workplace will terminate.
- You may download one copy of the materials contained in or displayed on Workplace or print pages from Workplace for non-commercial personal use only, provided that: (a) you do not remove or alter any copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials; and (b) all use is for lawful purposes only. Neither the content nor any part of Workplace may be distributed, reproduced, modified, transmitted, reused, re-posted, or used for public or commercial purposes without McDonald's UAE’s prior written permission, except to the extent it is being used in Employee Protected Communications, which are communications by non-supervisory employees regarding terms and conditions of employment, such as wages and benefits, hours, working conditions, and personnel actions.
- Workplace is intended to be a fun and engaging way to learn about your restaurant and the McDonald’s brand. For your benefit and convenience, you may access Workplace from anywhere to check updates at any time. You may also use the platform’s social functionality to review and post content not related to your employment, while not clocked in to the timekeeping system. Any other access or use (including, but not limited to, accessing education or training material (e.g., FRED or CAMPUS) or using Workplace’s social functionality to review or post content relating to your employment) is strictly prohibited while not clocked in. McDonald’s UAE’s policy is to pay you for all time you spend working, so using Workplace to perform off-the-clock work, including but not limited to, accessing training or educational material (e.g., FRED or CAMPUS), or using Workplace’s social functionality to review, or post, content relating to your employment, when you are NOT clocked in is a violation of McDonald’s policy for which you can be disciplined, up to and including termination. If you use the site while not clocked in for anything but checking your updates or using the social functionality for a non-work-related purpose, for your own convenience, you must immediately report the amount of time you spent using the site to your Restaurant Manager or Line Manager. Your failure to comply with wage-hour policies, including the prohibition against performing work while not clocked in, may result in disciplinary measures, up to and including termination from employment.
- McDonald’s UAE, and/or their subsidiaries and/or affiliates are not liable for any damages or injury arising out of or related to Workplace, however caused, including, but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, delay, or defect caused as a direct or indirect result of you using the Workplace or the services available through the platform.
- By using Workplace, you hereby grant McDonald’s UAE, their subsidiaries and/or affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their agents and/or representatives, the irrevocable and unrestricted worldwide right to use, publish, display, broadcast, edit, modify, and distribute materials bearing your name, voice, image, likeness, music and/or any other identifiable representation of yourself (collectively, “Your Likeness”) in connection with your employment, as applicable. These materials may appear in any form, style, color, or medium whatsoever now known or later developed including, without limitation, photographs, videotapes, films, sounds recordings, software, drawings, prints, broadcast, internet, and electronic media, provided that you will be given prior notification regarding the purpose for which such content is being used. You do hereby agree that any oversight or neglect to give such notification shall not result in any material or moral damage to you and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim you may have against McDonald’s UAE or its subsidiaries and affiliates for such damages. You further agree that all materials submitted to or posted to Workplace containing Your Likeness shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of McDonald’s UAE for the duration of your employment and you hereby assign any right you may have acquired in or to such material to McDonald’s UAE. You hereby release and forever discharge McDonald’s UAE, their subsidiaries of McDonald’s-brand restaurants, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their agents and/or representatives from any and all claims, liabilities, and/or damages relating to the use of Your Likeness. You will have the right to inspect the finished materials or any part or element thereof that incorporates Your Likeness.
- Any communication or material you transmit to McDonald’s UAE through Workplace by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, posts, comments, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, photographs, materials, or other information (collectively, the “Submission”) is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. McDonald’s UAE may contact you with regard to such Submission for business-related purposes. Furthermore, you grant McDonald’s UAE the perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, and worldwide right to use the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial, or otherwise, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products or services, or conducting data analytics, using such Submission. McDonald’s UAE shall provide you with a prior notice specifying the purpose for using such Submission, however, you shall not be entitled to any compensation with regards to the use of such Submission. By making any Submission, you represent that you have all requisite rights to, and are authorized to disclose, all of the information contained in the Submission (including without limitation permission from all persons appearing in a photograph to post that photograph on Workplace).
- Employees of McDonald’s UAE that have provided any personal data (as defined under Federal Decree Law No. 45 of 2021) ("Personal Data") on Workplace, shall have the right to withdraw such Personal Data. Such right of withdrawal shall only apply to Personal Data and not any other content shared on Workplace by you. Any notice of withdrawal of Personal Data must be made by notice in writing Restaurant Manager or Line Manager and must specifically identify the Personal Data being withdrawn.
- Any questions regarding Workplace should be directed to your appropriate Service desk. For McDonald’s UAE, call the IT Service desk at 056-1181723.
- You must not share employee or customer information on Workplace, in particular you must not engage in any activities in contravention of Federal Decree Law No. 34 of 2021 or share any CCTV footage, personal information/characteristics, details relating to anyone’s health, disabilities, race, faith, color or any information in violation of Federal Decree Law No. 45 of 2021. In case you have shared any content in breach of applicable law, you are required to immediately notify McDonald’s UAE by Restaurant Manager or Line Manager.
- Any use of Workplace shall be subject to the applicable laws of the United Arab Emirates and any dispute arising from such use or otherwise in connection with the Workplace shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or local courts of the United Arab Emirates, as applicable.
- All information on this site applies to the United Arab Emirates only and is subject to change without notice. It may not be used to make any representation on any matter.
- Instructions & Guidelines to McDonald’s Employees Dos and Don’ts
- Do consider whether sharing content, in the form of written posts or pictures, on Workplace is the best method to share the content.
- Do preserve all information that is subject to any legal hold notice you receive and ensure that such information is not purged or otherwise destroyed.
- Do keep your login and password confidential and avoid conduct that could pose a security risk (e.g., sharing credentials or downloading malware). You understand that you are fully responsible for all activities connected to your username including any data, content, and/or materials you access, submit, receive, or transmit via Workplace.
- Do respect all copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, and other intellectual property laws. This includes not disclosing information on Workplace regarding the development of systems, processes, products, know- how, technology, internal reports, procedures, internal McDonald’s brand- related communications and other confidential information of McDonald’s, except to the extent it is being used in Employee Protected Communications, which are communications by non-supervisory employees regarding terms and conditions of employment, such as wages and benefits, hours, working conditions, and personnel actions.
- Don’t post content that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, or threatening.
- Don’t post materials that include discriminatory remarks, harassment (e.g., sexual harassment), threats of violence, or similarly inappropriate or unlawful conduct that violates McDonald’s policies or applicable laws. Such content will not be tolerated and may subject you to disciplinary action, up to and including termination from employment.
- Don’t post content that is knowingly false.
- Don’t attempt to access any content or posts that you have not been authorized to access (e.g., hacking) or take any steps to defeat any security measures.