Our people are the foundation of our business.
Our People Vision
At McDonald’s® Canada our People Vision is for our people to feel valued and proud to work here. In fact we aim to be the best employer in every one of our Canadian communities.
Our People Principles
Behind our People Vision stands our absolute commitment to respect and recognize our people, to support their personal growth and education, to instill leadership and dedication, and to provide them with the best working environment possible. To guide our actions, we follow the People Principles that reflect McDonald’s values and describe the culture we embrace. We have always been committed to doing the right thing for our employees. Our values and behaviours are the foundation for the relationships we foster with our employees. We continue to believe in and reaffirm our long-standing policy of providing fair and equal opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. If you are selected as part of the selection process and you require an accommodation, we shall provide or arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your needs due to disability.
Respect and Recognition
- Employees are respected, valued and empowered.
- Employees are recognized and rewarded in many ways.
- Great rewards for outstanding work include a variety of exciting “Once in a Lifetime Opportunities.”
Values and Behaviours
- We act in the best interest of the company, our employees and the communities in which we operate.
- We communicate openly, listen for understanding and value diverse opinions.
- We accept personal accountability.
- We coach and learn.
Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Compensation packages include benefits that employees tell us they value.
- Employees receive regular performance and wage reviews.
Learning, Development and Personal Growth
At McDonald’s, we are proud of the opportunities we provide our employees to grow and develop personally and professionally. Not only do we provide tens of thousands of Canadians a place to work each year, but we also provide the essential training which gives our employees the skills to further their careers. McDonald’s invests millions annually on training, crew, managers and corporate employees, offering tremendous opportunities to gain the skills to forge a career within the McDonald’s network or externally. In fact, our management development programs are accredited with several colleges and universities across Canada.