Little People Big Dreams HAPPY MEAL Website Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 19th November 2022
1. We (McDonald's Restaurants Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, company number 1002769, VAT number GB 371057172, with its registered office at 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW, UK) have created the site at books.happyreaders.co.uk (the “Website”) for your personal entertainment, information and communication.
2. The terms and conditions set out below, and all relevant laws, apply to how you use the Website. By accessing and continuing to use the Website, you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the Website.
3. Your use of the Website is governed by the McDonald’s UK general terms and conditions for its online services found at www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions.html (“General Terms”) and such General Terms are incorporated into these terms and conditions. The following additional terms shall also apply. In the event of any conflict between the General Terms and the following additional terms, the additional terms shall take priority.
4. The Website is intended for use by persons aged 18 and over. The use of the Website by anyone under 18 is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian and we remind parents and guardians to supervise their children at all times. We advise parents and guardians who permit their children to use the Website to communicate with their children about how to stay safe online.
5. The Website and its respective content, functionality and design are protected in the UK and elsewhere in the world by copyrights, trade marks, designs, design rights and other intellectual property rights. Such intellectual property is either used by us under licence from a third party (another person or company) or owned by us or a member of the McDonald's Family. (By McDonald’s Family, we mean McDonald's Corporation and its subsidiaries, together with those who own McDonald’s franchises and certain selected companies (which are either our partners who carry out a service, such as providing the prizes for our promotions and offers, or agencies and suppliers who help us to meet orders more effectively, manage promotions and offers, provide technical help and support and carry out other services to support our marketing activities)). You can only use the Website, and its content, functionality and design, under these terms and conditions or in accordance with the respective text contained on the Website or with our written permission, which you must obtain beforehand. We do not guarantee that your use will not infringe any third party rights.
6. The trade marks and logos displayed on the Website include the registered and unregistered trade marks of the McDonald's Family and other businesses. Nothing in these terms and conditions may be interpreted as granting any licence or right to use any of these trade marks and logos without our written permission beforehand, or the written permission of any other owner of the trade marks. You must not use any of the trade marks or any other content on the Website, except as set out in these terms and conditions.
7. The Website, and content contained on it, is for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not, and may not allow third parties, to:
a. use the Website or any of its content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms;
b. delete or change any copyright, trade mark, or other proprietary notices contained on the Website (or the content contained on it);
c. attempt to obtain ownership or title to the Website or the content on the Website;
d. use, copy, distribute, republish, display, disclose, upload, post, or transmit the Website or any of its content in any commercial manner;
e. disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer, copy in source or object code format, or create derivative works based on the Website or any of its content.
8. We have not reviewed any sites linked to the Website and are not responsible for and do not approve the content of any websites linked to the Website. If you link to any other websites, it is entirely at your own risk.
9. We and any other person or organisation involved in producing or delivering the Website are not responsible for and shall not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damage to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of you accessing, using or browsing the Website or downloading any content from the Website.
10. Please note the limitations and exclusions of liability at paragraph 9 of the General Terms.
11. Separate terms and conditions apply to any prize promotions featured on the Website.
12. Unless we say otherwise, the Website relates to our business in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only. All information on the Website is correct at the time of publication but can change without notice. The information on the Website is not intended to be legally binding and you should not consider it as a representation on any matter. Some restaurants do not sell or stock all products. A product may vary, depending on the ingredients used, the supplier, and the region of the country and the season of the year. As a result, any products described on the Website may not be identical to the products served or provided in a particular restaurant.
13. We may update these terms and conditions at any time and at our sole discretion. If we make material changes to these terms and conditions, we will notify you by any reasonable means such as by posting the new terms and conditions via the Website. If you do not agree to the amended terms and conditions, then you must immediately stop using the Website.
14. Subject to any mandatory local law protections for consumers, the governing law and jurisdiction provisions of paragraph 11 of the General Terms apply.