McDonald’s Women’s World CupTM Merch Promotion - Terms and Conditions
These are the rules for the FIFA Women’s World CupTM Merch Promotion (the “Promotion”) (“the Rules”):
1. The Promotion is promoted by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Promotion is open to entries from UK (including Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 and over.
3. The following are not eligible to participate:
(a) employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
(b) employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
(c) other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion; or
(d) any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
4. The Promotion consists of 1 (one) prize draw as detailed in paragraph 10.
5. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the entry form at: https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/football/fifa-world-cup-promotion.html (the “Site”) and complete any mandatory fields which could include:
(a) confirmation of residency (United Kingdom);
(b) the entrant’s full name, email address and postal address;
(c) the entrant's phone number;
(d) confirmation that the entrant is 18 years old or over; and
(e) confirmation of entry into a prize draw.
6. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. There is a limit of one entry per eligible person for the draw and each eligible entrant can only win one Prize.
7. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age.
8. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes in entrants' postal address or e-mail addresses.
9. This Promotion consists of a total of 300 prizes split across two prize pools as follows (each a “Prize”):
(a) Prize Pool 1 consists of 240 Prizes:
• 100 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023 FOOTBALL
• 20 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023 EVENT BACKPACK
• 20 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023 STEEL PATTERN BOTTLE
• 20 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023 LOGO GRAPHIC T-SHIRT - UNISEX
• 20 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023 MUG
• 20 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP MASCOT MAGNET
• 20 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023 NEOPRENE PENCIL CASE
• 20 x 1 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023 MASCOT BLACK HOODIE - UNISEX
Each Prize in Prize Pool 1 will also include one (1) Beth Mead Bobble-Head.
(b) Prize Pool 2 consists of 60 Prizes:
• 60 x 1 Beth Mead Bobble-Head
10. 300 winners will be drawn in accordance with paragraphs 13 and 14 below. The first 240 winners drawn will be allocated a Prize at random from Prize Pool 1. Once the first 240 winners have been drawn, a further 60 winners will be drawn to receive a Prize from Prize Pool 2.
11. Entries for the prize draw open at 00:01 am on 14th July 2023 (the “Start Date”). The closing date for the prize draw is 23:59 pm on 10th September 2023 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the prize draw.
12. Limit of one (1) entry and one (1) Prize per person for this Promotion. If you enter more than this, your first entry will be accepted and all others will be disqualified.
13. Each winner of the prize draw will be selected within 24 hours of the Closing Date for the prize draw. Winners will be notified (by e-mail) not later than twenty-one (21) days after the Closing Date of the prize draw (the “Notification Email”). Winners must confirm all relevant details required by McDonald’s within 14 days of such Notification Email in order to redeem the prize. If a winner fails to redeem the prize in accordance with this paragraph 13 and/or the Rules and/or any of McDonald’s other instructions in connection with the redemption of the prize, McDonald’s reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to rule the entry and related prize void and invalid to select another potential winner of the relevant Prize. McDonald’s will within twenty-eight (28) days of a winner’s redemption of the prize in accordance with this paragraph 13 arrange for delivery of the prize to the winner’s residential address (as provided by the winner).
14. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received by the Closing Date for the prize draw. The draw will be made from all valid entries at random under independent supervision or via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw.
15. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable. McDonald's may substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes.
16. All entries and any related material must be free from sexist, racist, defamatory, obscene, anti-religious, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent, sexual or otherwise unacceptable content in the sole opinion of McDonald’s. McDonald’s reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
17. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
18. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
19. No responsibility will be accepted by McDonald’s for incomplete, invalid or illegible entries and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s.
20. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
21. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules). Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
22. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the Site. Numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of the Site. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
24. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk for UK or https://customerservices.mcdonalds.ie/hc/en-gb/requests/new for ROI to obtain the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
25. Subject to clause 26 and 27 and without prejudice to McDonald's data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald's shall make available, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new for UK and at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.ie/hc/en-gb/requests/new for ROI, the winner(s) surname and county or such other information McDonald's deems necessary.
26. Entrants to the Promotion shall, at or before the time of entry, have the right to object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with clause 25. You can object by contacting our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new for UK and at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.ie/hc/en-gb/requests/new for ROI.
27. Without prejudice to clause 25 and 26 above, McDonald's shall provide the information set out in clause 25 upon request from the Advertising Standards Authority.
28. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.