These are the Rules for the McDonald’s Football Mum of the Year 2019 Promotion (the “Promotion”) (“the Rules”):
1. The Promoter is McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”).
2. The Promotion is open to entries from UK residents aged 18 and over. The following nominees are not eligible to be nominated by an entrant: (i) employees, franchisees and employees of franchisees of McDonald’s and their immediate families and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion, (ii) any person not being an individual person, (iii) any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert, or (iv) any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
3. Promotion opens: 00.01 on 12th April 2019. The Promotion closes: 23:59 on 31th May 2019 (“Closing Date”).
4. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the nomination form at www.mcdonalds.co.uk/mumoftheyear (the “Site”) and provide the following:
- the entrant’s full name, email address and telephone number;
- confirmation that the entrant is 18 years old or over;
- the name of the person they are nominating (the “Nominee”) and the Nominees country of residence;
- a description in no more than 400 words as to why they believe the Nominee deserves to be chosen as Football Mum of the Year 2019.
5. Nominees must be female or identify as female UK residents aged 18 and over who are mothers, step-mothers, or foster mothers and who support or participate in grassroots football. Any nominations which do not meet these criteria will be disqualified.
6. Entrants must obtain consent from the relevant Nominee before making the nomination, and on this basis, Nominees shall be deemed to have accepted these Rules, together with the entrant.
7. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
8. The promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
9. All entries and any related material must be free from sexist, racist, defamatory, obscene, anti-religious, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent, sexual or otherwise unacceptable content in the sole opinion of McDonald’s. McDonald’s reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
10. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if it believes that any Nominee has not given consent to being nominated, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant or Nominee may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
11. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
12. No responsibility will be accepted by McDonald’s for incomplete, invalid or illegible entries and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s.
13. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by English law, McDonald’s does not accept liability for any losses or damage whatsoever arising out of participation in the Promotion. This does not affect entrant's statutory rights.
15. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the Site. Numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of the Site. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
16. In each case entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
17. One (1) entry per person for the length of the Promotion.
18. Once the Promotion has closed, all valid entries received which have fully complied with the Rules will be divided into the following four regional categories:
– Nominations for Nominees resident in Scotland (as indicated by the entrant on the nomination form);
– Nominations for Nominees resident in England (as indicated by the entrant on the nomination form);
– Nominations for Nominees resident in Wales (as indicated by the entrant on the nomination form);
– Nominations for Nominees resident in Northern Ireland (as indicated by the entrant on the nomination form).
19. [Nominations in each of the four regional categories will be shortlisted, judged and a winner of each category selected by a panel of [FOUR] judges (acting reasonably). The winner in each category will be the Nominee that the entrant has demonstrated in their submission is the most deserving of the title “McDonald’s Football Mum of the Year 2018” (including but not limited to showing that the Nominee is the most inspiring or impressive supporter or participator in grassroots football), as judged by the relevant panel. The judging panels’ decisions are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
20. The four regional winner nominations will then be judged again and an overall UK winner will be selected by a different panel of [ONE] judge (acting reasonably), following the criteria above. The judging panel’s decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.]
21. Each of the four regional winners will be recognised at special awards ceremonies in their respective countries of residence: on 4 August 2019 for the England resident winner; in September 26th 2019 for the Scotland resident winner; in October, 13th 2019 for the Wales resident winner and in November, 6th 2019 for the Northern Ireland resident winner. Further details of the ceremonies will be provided to the winners once they have been notified as such.
22. The overall UK winner will be recognised at a special awards ceremony held at Wembley Stadium on 4 August 2019 (which shall be the same awards ceremony that the England resident winner shall be recognised at).
23. If a winner cannot attend the event, McDonald's are happy for the winner to choose a representative to attend to collect the award(s) on the winner's behalf, or otherwise McDonald's will organise for a representative to collect the award(s) on winner's behalf. McDonald's can arrange for any winners who are unable to attend the awards ceremony to have their trophy posted to the winner's UK address.
24. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable. McDonald’s are happy to organise travel arrangements and accommodation. Winner must sort subsistence, insurance, travel permits/documentation and other necessary or desirable features to attend their awards ceremony.
25. Each entrant whose nominee is a potential winner shall be notified by McDonald’s by email on 7th June 2019 and subsequently by telephone if no answer is received by 10th June 2019.
26. If the Nominee is chosen by the judges as a potential winner, the entrant will be asked to provide a contact number for the Nominee. McDonald's shall subsequently contact the Nominee and may request evidence (e.g. date of birth) to verify that the Nominee is an eligible winner.
27. [If a potential winner decides that they no longer want to be considered for the Promotion and/or for any reason the potential winner is not an eligible winner, McDonald's will contact the reserve list entrant and shall go through the process set out above.]
28. By entering the Promotion entrants agree, and confirm that their Nominee agrees, that their entry submission may be edited and used by McDonald’s in any promotional or press communications referencing the awards.
29. The award winners’ names and county can be obtained by sending a stamped, addressed envelope to McDonald’s Mum of the Year 2019 Promotion, McDonald’s Restaurants Ltd, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW. No other correspondence shall be entered into concerning the result and McDonald's decision is final.
31. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk, to obtain the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
32. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.