1. These are the Rules (the “Rules”) for the McDonald’s UK Phone Case prize draw on Instagram (the “Promotion”). The promoter of this Promotion is McDonald’s Restaurants Limited (company number 1002769) of 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”).
2. Each person who enters the Promotion (each an “Entrant”) accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of McDonald’s, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Promotion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
3. Winning any prize requires that the Entrant whose entry is selected as the potential winning entry for the prize is, and remains, in compliance with the Rules. The Entrant is not a winner, until such compliance is completed and verified as solely determined by McDonald’s.
4. The Promotion is open to UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands residents aged 16 or over.
5. The following are not eligible to participate:
a. employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of franchisees of McDonald’s and their immediate families and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion;
d. any person not being an individual natural person;
e. any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; and
f. any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
6. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
7. The Promotion starts at 18:01 BST on 24th October 2018 and closes at 17.59 BST on 25th October 2018 (the "Entry Period"). Entries received after the Entry Period will be void.
8. Incomplete, invalid or illegible entries will be declared void by McDonald's.
9. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
10. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must share a photo of themselves in a McDonald’s restaurant on Instagram using the hashtag #24HrsWithMcDonalds as well as tagging @McDonaldsUK in their Instagram post.
11. McDonald's will not accept any responsibility for technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries that are delayed or corrupted.
12. Entrants are responsible for all costs and expenses relating to participation in the Promotion, such as the cost of accessing the internet. If using a computer and/or internet-access not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering.
13. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the Entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
14. Nothing in the Rules shall affect any entrant's statutory rights. McDonald's may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence as otherwise stated in the Rules.
15. All valid entries received during the Promotion will be collected together and sorted into the draws for each prize as selected by entrants.
16. Winners will be drawn during the Entry Period. The entries will be drawn at random under independent supervision via a computer programme producing a verifiably random result.
17. Two winners will be announced in each prize draw. The prize draws will take place at 22:00 BTS on 24th October 2018 and at 00:00, 08:00, 12:00 and 17:00 BST on 25th October 2018.
18. Reserves may also be drawn (provided that this shall not imply any obligation upon McDonald’s to re-award any prize-claim that has lapsed or become void for any reason).
19. McDonald’s shall not be obliged to contact unsuccessful entrants.
20. The winners will be notified during the Entry Period via a McDonald's Instagram Story which shares their entry and tags them. If a winner fails to confirm receipt of such notification within 24 hours of being notified as a winner, McDonald’s reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to forfeit the prize or award to an alternatively drawn winner.
21. There are 10 prizes available. Each prize comprises one McDonald’s phone case, chosen at random, designed around fries or milkshake cups.
22. All costs associated with prize acceptance and use which has not been specified in these Rules as being provided by McDonald's will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
23. In order to claim their prize, any winner may be asked for identification that matches their entry details. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age.
24. Prizes may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative, are not transferable, assignable, divisible, permitted to be sold or resold and are not for use in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity.
25. McDonald's reserves the right to change the specification advertised in the event that supervening circumstances make this necessary.
26. McDonald's may increase the Promotion prize pool, but shall not be obliged to.
27. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: where applicable, the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules); or (vi) any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering. Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud. This does not affect entrant's statutory rights.
28. Prizes sourced by McDonald's from other suppliers shall remain property of those suppliers pending delivery to winners.
30. Enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk .
31. Entrants acknowledge and accept that Instagram is not associated with the Promotion, does not act as a sponsor or promoter of the Promotion, nor does it endorse or administer the Promotion in any manner.
32. McDonald’s is not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Instagram service that may interfere with the Promotion or ability of Entrants to timely enter in which case McDonald’s, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Promotion.
33. McDonald's may: (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging McDonald's to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that Entrant or at all for any other person); (ii) terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond McDonald's control; and (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize to the extent divisible). McDonald's decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
34. McDonald’s reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entrants that do not comply with these Rules or the spirit thereof or any Entrant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of the Promotion.
35. No term of these Rules shall be enforceable by any person who is not a party to them, save that, to the extent McDonald's deems it appropriate, McDonald's shall be entitled to treat any of its rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of McDonald's, its group companies, and one or more of its agencies and commercial partners.
36. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising in connection with the Promotion or these Rules.