1. These promotional rules (the “Rules”) apply to the McDonald’s Captain Armband Promotion 2018 (the “Promotion”) administered by McDonald's Restaurants Limited ("McDonald's”) via the McDonald’s football-themed website, www.mcdonalds.co.uk/betterplay (the “Site”). By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2. To the extent McDonald's deems it appropriate, McDonald's shall be entitled to treat any of its rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of McDonald's and one or more of agencies.
3. To enter the Promotion each entrant must:
a. at the time of entry, be 18 years old or over;
b. a UK resident; and
c. compliant with any other eligibility requirements in the Rules.
4. The following are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
a. employees of McDonald’s, McDonald’s franchisees and employees of McDonald’s franchisees;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or professionally connected with it;
d. any person not being an individual natural person;
e. any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; or
f. any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
DURATION OF PROMOTION
5. The Promotion starts at 00:01 BST on 17 September 2018 and closes at 23:59 BST on 28 October 2018 (the "Closing Date"). Entries received after the closing date will be void.
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter, entrants must truthfully and correctly complete the online entry form at https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/football/chances-to-win.html and submit it in accordance with the form's instructions by the Closing Date.
7. Incomplete, invalid or illegible entries will be declared void by McDonald's.
8. There is one entry per person, per prize draw. Duplicate entries by the same entrant will be regarded as void. Entrants may enter all ten (10) of the prize draws set out on the entry form and at clause 18 below.
9. If using a computer and/or internet-access not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering.
10. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
CONDUCT OF PROMOTION
11. All valid entries received during the Promotion will be collected together and sorted into the draws for each prize as selected by entrants.
12. The entries will be drawn at random under independent supervision via a computer programme producing a verifiably random result.
13. A separate draw will take place for each of the following prize options in the order listed below (see clause 18). Limit of 1 entry per entrant per prize draw, and limit of 1 prize per entrant for this Promotion. If you enter multiple draws and are not selected as a winner your entry will still be valid for any subsequent draws in this Promotion. If you enter multiple draws and you win a prize, your entry will not be eligible for any subsequent draws.
14. Reserves may also be drawn (provided that this shall not imply any obligation upon McDonald’s to re-award any prize-claim that has lapsed or become void for any reason).
McDonald's may require additional information to verify an entry, eligibility, a winner claim and to check an entrant’s compliance with the Rules. Prizes may be withheld until McDonald's is satisfied with the verification.
15. Entry to a Promotion amounts to acceptance of the Rules and to their interpretation under English law and by the English courts.
16. Nothing in the Rules shall affect any entrant's statutory rights. All decisions of McDonald’s for this Promotion will be final. McDonald's may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in the Rules. McDonald’s shall not be obliged to contact unsuccessful entrants.
17. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS AND CONDITIONS
18. There are ten (10) captain armbands as follows and will be drawn in the order below:
a. Argentina (Lionel Messi)
b. Portugal (Cristiano Ronaldo)
c. England (Harry Kane)
d. Belgium (Eden Hazard)
e. France (Hugo Lloris)
f. Spain (Sergio Ramos)
g. Poland (Robert Lewandowski)
h. Croatia (Luka Modric)
i. Columbia (Radamel Falcao)
j. Uruguay (Diego Godin)
19. McDonald’s reserves the right to verify the identity and age of a winner prior to awarding a prize.
20. McDonald's reserves the right to change the specification advertised in the event that supervening circumstances make this necessary.
21. McDonald's may increase the Promotion prize pool, but shall not be obliged to.
22. Prizes which are for physical delivery, shall be dispatched by special delivery post (or other means selected by McDonald's).
23. Prizes may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative, are not transferable, divisible, or permitted to be sold or resold. Prizes cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity.
24. Un-awarded, unclaimed prizes or prizes subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, will lapse and may be re-awarded by McDonald's (but without obligation to do so).
PRIZE CLAIM PROVISIONS
25. Each potential prize winner will be notified by in writing by email to the address stated at the time of entry within 48 hours the Promotion Closing Date. Potential winners will have 72 hours to confirm receipt of notification failing which McDonald’s reserves the right to draw an alternative prize winner.
26. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: where applicable, the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules); or (vi) any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering.
27. All prizes sourced by McDonald's from other suppliers remain the property of those suppliers pending delivery to winners.
28. McDonald's may:
a. terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond McDonald's control; or
b. substitute prize for another prize deemed to be an appropriate and of equal or greater value.
29. Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud. This does not affect entrant's statutory rights.
31. Enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
The Promoter is: McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, (Reg. No. 1002769), 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THESE ADDRESSES.