McDonald’s FA Community Shield Match Tickets 2021 Promotion Terms and Conditions
These are the rules for the McDonald’s FA Community Shield Match Tickets 2021 Promotion (the “Promotion”) (the “Rules”):
1. The Promotion is promoted by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Promotion is open to entries from UK (including Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 and over.
3. The following are not eligible to participate:
a. employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion;
d. any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert;
e. any person not being an individual natural person; or
f. any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
4. The Promotion consists of the prize draws for tickets (as detailed in clause 10) to the FA Community Shield 2021 football match between Manchester City F.C. and Leicester City F.C. taking place on 7th August 2021 at Wembley Stadium (the “Event”).
5. Entries for the prize draw opens at 09:00am (BST) on 15th July. The closing date for all draws is 23:59pm (BST) on 19th July (the "Closing Date"). Entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Closing Date to be entered into the draw. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
6. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the entry form at https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/football/match-tickets.html.
7. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
8. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age.
9. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes in entrants' postal address or e-mail addresses.
10. The Promotion consists of the following prize draws:
a. two hundred draws for a set of four tickets for the Event (for one winner (being the entrant) and a maximum of three companions of the winner’s choice) in the Manchester City F.C. fan area (each set of tickets being a “Manchester City Prize”); and
b. two hundred draws for a set of two tickets for the Event (for one winner (being the entrant) and a maximum of three companions of the winner’s choice) in the Leicester City F.C. fan area (each set of tickets being a “Leicester City Prize”),
the Manchester City Prize and the Leicester City Prize shall together be referred to as the “Prize(s)”.
11. There will be a maximum of two hundred draws of the Manchester City Prize and a maximum of two hundred draws of the Leicester City Prize (meaning that there will be a total of four hundred Prizes awarded).
12. Reserves may also be drawn which will only be capable of being redeemed if the original winner does not redeem their Prize and/or McDonald’s cannot validate their entry and/or the entry is voided in any way. The provision of reserves does not imply any obligation on McDonald’s to re-award any prize-claim that has lapsed or become void for any reason.
13. The entrant may enter both prize draws and can only win one Prize per prize draw.
14. The winners will be selected between 20th and 22nd July 2021. Winners will be notified (by e-mail) not later than 28th July 2021 of the instructions that must be followed in order to redeem the Prize. If a Prize is not redeemed by 23:59pm (BST) 1st August 2021, McDonald’s reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to rule the entry and related Prize void and invalid and will select another winner at any time on 2nd August 2021. Reserve winners have 48 hours to redeem their Prize in accordance with the instructions issued by McDonald’s. Should a reserve winner fail to redeem their Prize by 23:59pm (BST) 4th August 2021, McDonald’s reserves the right to rule the entry and related Prize void and invalid.
15. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received by the Closing Date for the draw. The draw will be made from all valid entries at random under independent supervision or via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw.
16. There is no cash alternative and the Prize is not transferable. McDonald's may substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the Prizes.
17. Use of tickets is subject to the standard FA terms and conditions of issue and winners must comply with these terms and conditions in order to take up their Prize.
18. All Prize winners and their companions (including the Eligible Child) shall comply with the ticket conditions of the relevant national football association/stadium responsible for hosting the relevant match; any person in violation will be refused entry to or expelled from the stadium with no right of compensation. Further details available upon request.
19. Prize winners and their companions (if applicable) are required to carry proof of identity (with valid photograph and signature) when entering a stadium and are required to comply with all applicable safety and security regulations of the stadium.
20. Details of each winner and the winner’s companions may be submitted to the National Criminal Intelligence Service to search for a Football Banning Order (or other conviction considered by McDonald's to be inappropriate for the award of tickets). If a search provides a result, winner's may be deemed ineligible for the Promotion at McDonald's discretion (and without requirement for McDonald’s to serve notice) and all Prizes (whether or not already awarded) and prize-claims of the winner may be declared invalid and deemed void from the outset for that winner and the winner's companion(s).
21. All entries and any related material must be free from sexist, racist, defamatory, obscene, anti-religious, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent, sexual or otherwise unacceptable content in the sole opinion of McDonald’s. McDonald’s reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
22. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
23. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
24. No responsibility will be accepted by McDonald’s for incomplete, invalid or illegible entries and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s.
25. McDonald’s bears no liability to the winner and/or their companion(s) in the event that they are rejected entrance to the Event, or are otherwise removed from the Event, for any reason outside of McDonald’s control.
26. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
27. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any Prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, Prize-claim, Prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a Prize; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a Prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules). Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
28. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the Site. Numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of the Site. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
30. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk.
31. Subject to clauses 32 and 33 and without prejudice to McDonald's data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald's shall make available, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new, the winner(s) surname and county or such other information McDonald's deems necessary.
32. Entrants to the Promotion shall, at or before the time of entry, have the right to object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with clause 30. You can object by contacting our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new .
33. Without prejudice to clause 31 and 32 above, McDonald's shall provide the information set out in clause 31 upon request from the Advertising Standards Authority.
34. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.
a. The Prize is subject to Covid-19 UK government restrictions allowing the attendance of spectators to live sporting events.
b. Prizes may later become unavailable or cancelled by the UK Government or the English FA due to the Covid-19 pandemic and resulting social distancing measures (or similar reasons). In which case, substitute prizes will be selected and offered by McDonald’s based on the face value of the Prizes.
c. The winner and their companion(s) may be asked to provide a negative Covid-19 test in order to gain entry to the event.