1. These terms and conditions (the "Rules") apply to the 500 footballs June 2020 promotion (the “Promotion”) administered by McDonald's Restaurants Limited ("McDonald's") of 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW via http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/chancestowin (the “Site”).
2. Each person who enters the Promotion (each an “Entrant”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of McDonald’s, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Promotion. Winning any prize requires that the Entrant whose entry is selected as the potential winning entry for the prize is, and remains, in compliance with the Rules. Until such compliance is completed and verified as solely determined by McDonald’s, the Entrant is not a winner.
3. To the extent McDonald's deems it appropriate and in its sole discretion, McDonald's shall be entitled to treat any of its rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of McDonald's and one or more of its agencies and commercial partners.
4. To participate in the Promotion each Entrant must be at the time of entry:
a. 18 years or over;
b. a UK resident;
c. able to access the internet; and
d. compliant with any other eligibility requirements in the Rules.
5. The following are not eligible to participate:
a. employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion;
d. any person not being an individual person;
e. any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; or
f. any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
6. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
7. Promotion start date: 00:01 (BST) on 1 June 2020. Promotion closing date: 23.59 (BST) on 31 August 2020.
8. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person.
9. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must truthfully and accurately complete the online entry form on the Site and submit it in accordance with the instructions provided on the form.
10. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the Entrant, the Entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering.
11. In each case, entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Promotion closing date set out above, failing which any entries not so received will be void.
12. The Promotion is free to enter. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
13. McDonald's accepts no responsibility for:
a. incomplete, invalid or illegible application forms and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s; or
b. entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, website, network or server failure of any kind.
14. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entry which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the Entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
Prize description and conditions
15. There are a total of 500 Size 3 Football across the Promotion (each Size 3 Football a "prize").
16. The Prizes are subject to change in specification and McDonald's reserves the right to change these from those advertised, in the event that supervening circumstances make this necessary.
17. Prizes may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative, are not transferable, divisible, permitted to be sold or resold and are not for use in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity. In the event that McDonald's wishes to increase the prize pool for the Promotion, it may (but shall not be obliged to) do so.
18. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the prizes will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose).
Conduct of Promotion
1. There will be three rounds of winners during the Promotion for a total of 500 winners, as follows:
a. First Round: 1 June 2020- 30 June 2020 at 23.59 (BST)-150 winners.
b. Second Round: 1 July 2020- 31 July 2020 at 23.59 (BST)-150 winners.
c. Third Round: 1 August 2020-31 August 2020 23.59 (BST)-200 winners.
2. There is a limit of one prize per Entrant. Entrants having won a prize will be excluded from other rounds of the Promotion. All other Entrants (i.e. those that have not won a prize), will be automatically rolled into the following round.
3. All valid entries received by the Promotion closing date which have fully complied with the Rules will be collected together for the draws. The draws will be made from all valid entries at random under independent supervision or via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw.
4. Sufficient entries will be drawn to award the entire number of Prizes. Reserves may also be drawn (provided that this shall not imply any obligation upon the Promoter (McDonald’s) to re-award any prize-claim that has lapsed or become void for any reason).
5. McDonald’s, or their nominated promotional agency Leo Burnett, will contact potential winners by email to notify them they have won and potential winners shall have 5 working days from the time that the email was sent to respond entering their details and confirm receipt of notification ("Winner’s Response Message") failing which, McDonald’s reserves the right to rule the entry and related prize-award invalid and to select another potential winner. McDonald’s is not responsible for any changes in telephone numbers, e-mail addresses of Entrants.
6. In order to claim their prize, any potential winner may be asked for identification that matches their entry details. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age.
7. McDonald's may require such information (in addition to the information required to be given on prize claims) as it considers necessary or desirable for the purposes of verifying any claim and an Entrant’s compliance with the Rules and any prize may be withheld unless and until McDonald's is satisfied with the verification. Should McDonald’s determine based on the evidence in its possession at any given time that an Entrant is in breach of the Rules, then it may adjudge (in its discretion) that such Entrant is ineligible to take part in any Promotion and every other promotion or offer of McDonald's and every prize due to be provided by McDonald's, and entry and/or claim by that Entrant then in process and still to be made shall be deemed invalid and void from the outset.
8. Within 28 days of McDonald’s or Leo Burnett receiving the Winner's Response Message, and provided that potential winners have been verified as winners subject to the above, the winners will receive the Prizes by post to the address provided in their entry.
9. McDonald’s shall not be obliged to contact any unsuccessful Entrant. All decisions of McDonald’s with regard to all elements of the Promotion are final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
10. All prizes which are un-awarded, unclaimed or subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, will lapse and may be re-awarded by McDonald's (but without obligation to do so). This includes any prizes where the Winner’s Response Message is received by McDonald’s after the timeframe provided for response. McDonald’s does not accept any liability for delay or non-delivery of notification emails to winners or Winner’s Response Message.
11. Should the Promoter invite any winner of a prize to participate in publicity, it shall not imply any obligation on the Promoter to extend the same or similar invitation to any other winner, nor to proceed with any publicity offered to the invitee
12. An anonymised list of prize winners and counties may be posted by McDonald's on its Site, but if not, details can be obtained by contacting the Customer Services number notified on www.mcdonalds.co.uk and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope with a signed hand-written specific request and a stamped addressed envelope. Any such requests must be received during the 30 day period after the closing date for receipt of entries to the Promotion.
13. Entry to a Promotion amounts to acceptance of the Rules and to their interpretation under English law and by the English courts. All age limits shall be deemed to be actual age as at the time of acceptance of the Rules, unless expressly stated otherwise in these Rules.
14. Nothing in the Rules shall affect any Entrant's statutory rights. McDonald's may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in the Rules.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; (iv) (where applicable) any person whose mobile phone is used to make an entry without the owner's permission; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a prize, (save to the extent that McDonald's has expressly and specifically accepted responsibility in the Rules for the same).
16. All prizes sourced by McDonald's from other suppliers remain the property of those suppliers pending delivery to winners.
17. McDonald's may (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging McDonald's to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that Entrant or at all for any other person); (ii) terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond McDonald's control; or (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize to the extent divisible). McDonald's decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding.
19. As it is impracticable for McDonald's to verify with any certainty the age of those who enter a promotion or subscribe to an offer via SMS, web-form, email or telephone, McDonald’s urges parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children's mobile phone/computer/telephone activities.
20. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
© McDonald's Restaurants Limited 2020