McDonald's Halloween Costume Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
These are the rules for McDonald’s Halloween Costume Prize Draw (the “Promotion”) (“the Rules”):
1. The Promotion is promoted by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2 . The Promotion is open only to UK residents who are aged 18 and over at the time of entry. Internet access, an email address and an Instagram account are required for entry. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion.
3. The following are not eligible to participate:
(a) employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
(b) employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes or for supplying prizes for this Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
(c) other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with this Promotion; or
(d) any person entering via an agent or using the services of, or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
4. The Promotion opens at 09:00 on 27th October 2021 and ends 23:59 on 31st October 2021 (the "Closing Date"). Entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Closing Date to be entered into the draw. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
5. To enter the Promotion, you must:
(a) go to Instagram.com and share on your grid an original photo of you in a Halloween costume;
(b) tag the @mcdonaldsuk Instagram account;
(c) use the hashtag #HalloweenAtMcDonaldsCostume; and
(d) ensure that your Instagram account is set to public (so McDonald's can see your entry).
Please note that by using the hashtag #HalloweenAtMcDonaldsCostume your photo will be displayed elsewhere and not solely on your own feed. You shall be solely responsible for the consequences of the entry being published in this manner.
6. Your photo must be an original photo taken by you. Each entrant shall retain copyright in the submitted photo. You shall either not require permission from anyone else for your photo to be posted on Instagram or, if anyone other than you features in the photo, you must have received express prior consent from each such individual(s) for the photo to be used as entry to this Promotion. If the photo includes children, you must have the consent of the child's parent or guardian prior to using the photo as entry to this Promotion.
7 . If McDonald’s at any time considers (in its absolute discretion) that a photo is inappropriate, is in breach of government COVID-19 guidelines/restrictions and/or contains any inappropriate or unacceptable content including (but not limited to) content which: a) is vulgar, obscene, offensive, indecent or pornographic; b) is liable to incite racial hatred or acts of terrorism; c) is defamatory, cruel, abusive, harassing or violent; d) contains excessive profanity; e) is harmful to, or encourages mistreatment of, humans or animals in any way; f) is anti-religious, homophobic, sexual or discriminatory; g) is subject to third party proprietary rights (including rights of publicity and/or privacy), invades another's privacy or discloses confidential information belonging to another person; h) constitutes advertising or displays details of a third party website; i) represents McDonald's products in a negative way or could cause damage to McDonald's brand and/or reputation; or j) is otherwise harmful or unlawful, McDonald's reserves the right to disqualify such entry without notice.
8. There is a limit of one entry per person. If you enter more than once, the first entry will be accepted and all others will be disqualified.
9. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age. Prizes will be awarded for the draw only on verification by McDonald's that the entrant has complied with the Rules.
10. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
11. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes to an entrant's Instagram account information, including without limitation, their username or handle. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the Promotion and upon claiming a prize if they are a winner. McDonald's cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information at point of entry or claim which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
12. The Promotion consists of 50 prizes. Each winner shall win one £13.99 Sky Store online movie voucher and one voucher for £20 off an order from McDonald's® made via the Uber Eats app, each a "Prize".
(a) The Sky Store online movie voucher is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Sky which can be found at https://www.skystore.com/n/rdvc/redeem-voucher. The Sky Store online movie voucher is for personal non-commercial use and must be redeemed by 31 December 2022. Once added to an account the voucher credit must be used within 12 months. Once expired, the Sky Store online movie voucher and credit will be invalid and cannot be extended, replaced or refunded. To redeem a Sky Store online movie voucher, you must have a SkyiD account and have accepted Sky Store terms and conditions. The Sky Store online movie voucher may only be redeemed and spent on either the Sky Store website or on the Sky Store app or your compatible Roku box or Android device. The Sky Store online movie voucher cannot be used for purchases made on a Sky+HD box or a Sky Q box. However, Buy & Keep purchases made using a redeemed Sky Store online movie voucher can be sent to your box.
(b) The Uber Eats voucher will be valid until 23:55 on 30 November 2021. Voucher valid for one (1) order from McDonald's® made via the Uber Eats app in the UK (check the Uber Eats app for availability of deliveries and restaurants). Any unused value cannot be rolled over to another order. Delivery fee applies. Other fees (such as a service fee) may apply. Voucher is not valid on any basket that includes alcohol or tobacco products. Uber Eats account required to redeem the voucher. Unique voucher code must be applied in the Uber Eats app at the checkout before completing the order. The Uber Eats voucher is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Uber Eats which can be found at t.uber.com/EATST&Cs.
13. The winners will be selected within 7 days of the Closing Date. The winners will be selected at random, under independent supervision or via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw, from all valid entries received by the Closing Date.
14. McDonald's shall contact each winner within 7 days of the Closing Date via private message to the Instagram account used for the winning entry, requiring the winner to reply, via direct message from that Instagram account within 14 days of the initial prize notification, to confirm acceptance of the Prize and to confirm that winner's email address to which the Prize is to be sent, together with any other information which McDonald's requests.
15. Provided that a winner confirms acceptance of the Prize and all requested information by the required deadline, the Prize shall be emailed to that winner (using the email address provided by the winner) within 28 working days of receipt of such information.
16. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to provide all requested information to McDonald's within the period stated in clause 14 above, McDonald's reserves the right to disqualify that winner and offer the forfeited prize to a substitute winner (selected in accordance with these Rules) and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
17. Failure of a winner to follow the deadlines and other instructions of McDonald's at any stage of the Promotion and prize fulfilment process (whether or not communicated via an agent) may result (in McDonald's sole discretion) in the Prize being withheld and the winner's claim being judged void for all purposes.
18. There is no cash alternative and the Prize is not transferable. McDonald's may substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the Prizes.
19. McDonald’s reserves the right to remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
20. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
21. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
22. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering this Promotion.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the Rules). Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
24. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to Instagram. Numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of the Promotion. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries incomplete, invalid, delayed or corrupted.
25. McDonald's will process all personal data in accordance with McDonald's Privacy Statement, in particular McDonald's: (i) will not collect more of the entrant's personal information than needed for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion (including carrying out security checks as stated) and for posting features on its website which are informed by one or more entry-submissions; and (ii) will only use the entrant's personal information for those purposes (and such use may include transferring the entrant's and nominee’s personal information to McDonald's respective associates (e.g. Leo Burnett) and / or any third-party fulfilment company on behalf of McDonald's behalf for the purposes of distributing the prizes for McDonald's promotions). McDonald's retain entrant's data for 28 days and a winner's data for a maximum of three months. In addition to the foregoing, McDonald's may process further information relating to entrants to the extent they separately receive communications from McDonalds and / or have opted in receiving marketing messages (in which case personal data will be sent to McDonald's third party providers such as Armadillo for sending newsletters). Any such processing shall be in accordance with McDonald's Privacy Statement.
26. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk to obtain the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
27. Subject to clause 28 and without prejudice to McDonald's data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald's shall make available, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new, the winner(s) surname and county or such other information McDonald's deems necessary.
28. Entrants to the Promotion shall, at or before the time of entry, have the right to object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with clause 27. You can object by contacting our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new.
29. Notwithstanding clause 28 above, McDonald's shall provide the information set out in clause 27 upon request from the Advertising Standards Authority.
31. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.