Halloween Ghost Hunt Promotion Terms and Conditions
These are the rules for the Halloween Ghost Hunt Promotion (the “Promotion”) (the “Rules”):
1. The Promotion is promoted by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Promotion is open to residents of Great Britain aged 18 and over, save that the following are not eligible to participate:
a. employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion; and
d. any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
3. Entry to the Promotion opens at 00:01 on 1st October 2021 and closes at 23:59 on 31st October 2021 (the "Closing Date"). Entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Closing Date to be entered into the draw. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
4. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
a. receive a McDonald’s newsletter-email between 1st October 2021 and 25th October 2021 (sent to selected existing newsletter-email subscribers) which contains a hidden pair of ghosts (“Qualifying Newsletter”); and
b. click on the pair of ghosts hidden in a Qualifying Newsletter before the Closing Date; and
c. comply with any other entry requirements set out in a Qualifying Newsletter and these Rules.
5. There is a limit of one entry per Qualifying Newsletter. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
6. There will be 5 winners. Each winner will win a 32GB Space Grey 10.2 inch Wi-Fi enabled Apple iPad.
7. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes in entrants' postal address or e-mail address.
8. The winners will be selected on or before Friday 5th November 2021. The winners will be selected at random, under independent supervision or via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw, from all valid entries received by the Closing Date.
9. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable. McDonald's may substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes.
10. Within 30 days of the Closing Date, McDonald’s shall email each winner (using the email address to which the corresponding Qualifying Newsletter was sent) requiring the winner to respond by email with the winner's residential address within Great Britain to which the prize is to be posted together with any other information and/or documents which McDonald’s requests.
11. Provided that a winner provides all requested information and properly and fully completed forms (if any) by the required deadline (or if no stated deadline, by no later than 14 days after the date of McDonald’s initial prize notification email to that winner), McDonald’s shall, within 30 days of receipt of such information, send the prize by post or courier (as determined by McDonald’s) to that winner.
12. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to provide all requested information and the properly and fully completed forms (if any) by the required deadline (or if no stated deadline, by no later than 14 days after the date of McDonald’s initial prize notification email to that winner), McDonald's reserves the right to disqualify that winner and offer the forfeited prize to a substitute winner (selected in accordance with these Rules) and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
13. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any prize claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age. Prizes will be awarded only on verification by McDonald's that the entrant has complied with the Rules.
14. In the event that any winning entry later proves to be invalid or adjudged void then McDonald’s may re-award the relevant prize as it sees fit (but shall not be obliged to do so); specifically, the drawing of one or more reserve entries for any draw shall not of itself imply any obligation for McDonald’s to award a prize to a reserve entry should a winning entry become invalid or adjudged void.
15. All entries and any related material must be free from sexist, racist, defamatory, obscene, anti-religious, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent, sexual or otherwise unacceptable content in the sole opinion of McDonald’s. McDonald’s reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
16. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
17. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
18. No responsibility will be accepted by McDonald’s for incomplete, invalid or illegible entries and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s.
19. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
20. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the Rules). Nothing in these Rules will limit McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
21. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the Promotion. Numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of the Promotion. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
22. McDonald's will process all personal data in accordance with McDonald's Privacy Statement, in particular McDonald's: (i) will not collect more of the entrant's personal information than needed for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion (including carrying out security checks as stated) and for posting features on its website which are informed by one or more entry-submissions; and (ii) will only use the entrant's personal information for those purposes (and such use may include transferring the entrant's and nominee’s personal information to McDonald's respective associates (e.g. Armadillo) and / or any third-party fulfilment company on behalf of McDonald's behalf for the purposes of distributing the prizes for McDonald's promotions). McDonald's retain entrant's data for 28 days and a winner's data for a maximum of three months. In addition to the foregoing, McDonald's may process further information relating to entrants to the extent they separately receive communications from McDonald's and / or have opted in receiving marketing messages (in which case personal data will be sent to McDonald's third party providers such as Armadillo for sending newsletters). Any such processing shall be in accordance with McDonald's Privacy Statement.
23. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk.
24. Subject to clause 25 and without prejudice to McDonald's data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald's shall make available, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new, the winner(s) surname and county or such other information McDonald's deems necessary.
25. Entrants to the Promotion shall, at or before the time of entry, have the right to object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with clause 24. You can object by contacting our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new.
26. Notwithstanding clause 25 above, McDonald's shall provide the information set out in clause 24 upon request from the Advertising Standards Authority.
27. Apple Inc. is not a sponsor of this Promotion and no association is to be implied by this Promotion, the prizes or any arrangements in relation to fulfilment of the prizes between McDonald’s and Apple Inc. Apple and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc.
28. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.