McDonald's Halloween Merchandise Prize Draw - Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for the McDonald's Halloween Merchandise Prize Draw (the "Promotion") (the "Terms"). These Terms prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, relating to the Promotion. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and by participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by and will be deemed to have accepted these Terms. Please retain a copy of these Terms for your information.
1. Promoter: McDonald's Restaurants Ltd, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to all residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged 16 or over, except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the Promotion, employees of the Promoter's agencies, employees of the Promoter, the Promoter's franchisees and employees of the Promoter's franchisees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child).
3. Promotional Period: The Promotion opens at 09:00 on 11th October 2021 and closes at 23:59 on 24th October 2021 (the "Closing Date"). Entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the Closing Date to be entered into the draw. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
4. Internet access and a Facebook account are required for entry. Participants are reminded to get the owner's permission before using a computer, device and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant. The Promoter will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
5. Entry Details: To enter the Promotion, you must:
a. locate the promotional post relating to this Promotion on the McDonald’s UK Facebook page; and
b. fill in the form available via that promotional post with your full name, address and email address and follow the instructions on the form detailing how to submit the form to the Promoter.
6. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt of entry. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
7. One entry per Facebook account. If you enter more than once your first entry will be accepted and all other entries will be disqualified. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
8. No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties, agents, consumer groups or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent the requirements of these Terms such as, and without limitation, fraudulently falsifying data; using multiple Facebook accounts; acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter; using identities other than their own; creating fake identities or using any other automated or manual means in order to increase that participant's or a household’s entries or otherwise acting in violation of these Terms, these participants and their household will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
a. There are 1,500 prizes, each prize consists of 1 x McDonald’s Halloween Water Bottle and 1 x McDonald’s Halloween Hoodie.
b. The Water Bottle is available in one size and design only. The Hoodie is available in Small (S), Medium (M), Large (L), Extra Large (XL) and 2Extra Large (2XL). You will be required to state the size you require in the entry form but size cannot be guaranteed. The sizes are allocated on a first come first served basis following the order in which the winners are drawn. If a winner's size is not available, the Promoter shall allocate one of the sizes remaining available to that winner.
c. There is no cash alternative to any of the prizes stated. Prizes are non-transferable.
d. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
10. Winner Selection: The 1,500 winners will be selected within 28 days of the Closing Date. The winners will be drawn, from all valid entries received by the Closing Date, by Prizeology using a random number generator.
11. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the email address provided at point of entry within 28 days of the Closing Date, informing them of their win.
12. Prize Delivery:
a. Each prize will be delivered to the UK or ROI address provided by the respective winner at point of entry, within 60 days of the Closing Date.
b. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when entering the Promotion, in order for their prize claim to be processed if they are a winner. Details cannot be amended after entry has been made. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information at point of entry which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
c. Whilst the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to ensure that its obligations relating to meeting specific timeframes for prize dispatch are met, the Promoter shall not be liable in any way for its inability to meet these timeframes resulting from an outbreak of Covid-19 either within its own business or within the prize delivery supply chain.
d. Should a national or local lockdown affect the Promoter’s ability to meet these deadlines, it will fulfil its obligations as soon as is reasonably possible after its and/or its third-party fulfilment providers resume business as usual.
e. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion at its discretion owing to factors outside its reasonable control.
a. The Promoter will process all personal data in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, in particular the Promoter: (i) will not collect more of the entrant's personal information than needed for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion (including carrying out security checks as stated) and for posting features on its website which are informed by one or more entry-submissions; and (ii) will only use the entrant's personal information for those purposes (and such use may include transferring the entrant's and nominee's personal information to the Promoter's respective associates (e.g. Armadillo and Prizeology) and / or any third-party fulfilment company on behalf of the Promoter for the purposes of distributing prizes). The Promoter retains entrant's data for 28 days and a winner's data for a maximum of three months. In addition to the foregoing, the Promoter may process further information relating to entrants to the extent they separately receive communications from the Promoter and / or have opted in receiving marketing messages (in which case personal data will be sent to the Promoter third party providers such as Armadillo for sending newsletters). Any such processing shall be in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement.
b. Any enquiries about personal information held by the Promoter, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk for UK or https://customerservices.mcdonalds.ie/hc/en-gb/requests/new for ROI to obtain the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
c. Without prejudice to the Promoter's data protection obligations under relevant law, the Promoter shall make available the surname and county of the winners to anyone who requests it by emailing McDonalds@loveprizes.co.uk within 1 month of the Closing Date. Participants may request that their surname and county is not published, in the event they win, by emailing McDonalds@loveprizes.co.uk before the Closing Date. However, notwithstanding any such request, the Promoter shall provide the surname and county of the winners to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority and the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland).
a. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion at its discretion owing to factors outside its reasonable control, but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
b. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and that they are the person associated with the winning notification. In the event that any winning entry later proves to be invalid or adjudged void then the Promoter may re-award the relevant prize as it sees fit (but shall not be obliged to do so); specifically, the drawing of one or more reserve entries for any draw shall not of itself imply any obligation for the Promoter to award a prize to a reserve entry should a winning entry become invalid or adjudged void.
c. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the Promotion. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the Promotion. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
d. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant's sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) the Promoter and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by the Promoter in these Terms).
e. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these Terms shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter's liability resulting from death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
g. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
h. The application and interpretation of these Terms shall be governed exclusively by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.
i. All communications relating to the Promotion should be addressed to the following email address: McDonaldsHalloween@redconsultancy.com.