Terms and Conditions: Trick or Eat on the McDonald’s (UK) app
These are the rules for Trick or Eat promotion taking place exclusively on the McDonald’s (UK) app (the “Promotion”) (“Rules”):
1. Promoter: The Promotion is promoted by McDonald's Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2. Promotional Period: The Promotion opens at 00:01 on Tuesday 25th October 2022 and closes at 23:59 on Monday 31st October 2022 (the "Closing Date"). Entries received by McDonald’s after the Closing Date will be void.
3. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the Promotion, employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees.
4. Entry restrictions: Only 1 entry per day per McDonald’s (UK) app account permitted.
5. How to enter: To enter the Promotion, you must download, register, and sign-in to the McDonald's (UK) app and play the Trick or Eat promotional game. At the start of the promotional game, each entrant will be given a choice of ‘Trick’ or ‘Eat’. Once the choice between ‘Trick’ or ‘Eat’ has been made for that day, it cannot be changed.
6. Prize Fund: The prize fund available as part of the Promotion consists of 7 McDonald’s Gold Cards (one available on each day of the Promotional Period) (each a “Gold Card”) and discounted food offers (each a “Food Offer”) (the Gold Card and the Food Offers together are referred to as the “Offers”).
a. ‘Eat’: An entrant that chooses the ‘Eat’ option will receive an offer of one core menu item for £2.49, only when ordering on the McDonald's (UK) app (a core menu item is a Big Mac®, a McPlant®, a Quarter Pounder® with cheese, a Filet-O-Fish®, a Vegetable Deluxe, a McChicken Sandwich, 6-Piece Chicken McNuggets®, Veggie Dippers, a Garlic Mayo Chicken Wrap (Grilled or Crispy), a Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap (Grilled or Crispy), a BBQ Bacon Chicken Wrap (Grilled or Crispy), or a Spicy Veggie Wrap.
b. ‘Trick’: One of the Offers listed below will be allocated to an entrant that chooses the ‘Trick’ option (based on the levels of chance indicated):
Summary of Offer
Chance of receiving corresponding Offer
15% off an order
15% off one order, only when ordering on the McDonald's (UK) app.
Offer can only be used against food and drink items. Offer does not apply to delivery fees.
1 in 10
£1.49 core menu item
One of the following items for £1.49, only when ordering on the McDonald's (UK) app:
o Big Mac®
o Quarter Pounder® with cheese
o Vegetable Deluxe
o McChicken Sandwich
o 6-Piece Chicken McNuggets®
o Veggie Dippers
o Garlic Mayo Chicken Wrap (Grilled or Crispy)
o Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap (Grilled or Crispy)
o BBQ Bacon Chicken Wrap (Grilled or Crispy)
o Spicy Veggie Wrap
3.5 in 10
Spend £20, save £5
Spend £20 or more on food and drink items in one order to receive £5 off that order, only when ordering on the McDonald's (UK) app. £5 discount will be applied prior to payment (provided the offer is added to your order).
3.5 in 10
5% off an order
5% off one order, only when ordering on the McDonald's (UK) app.
Offer can only be used against food and drink items. Offer does not apply to delivery fees.
2 in 10
McDonald’s Gold Card
Gold Card starts on the date that an entrant is selected as a winner of the card and is valid for a period of 365 days from (and including) that date (the Promotion Period).
A Gold Card winner is entitled to one free main, side and drink selected in a medium or regular size (when ordered together as a single transaction) (a Meal Offer) per week for the Promotion Period.
Each weekly offer period during the Promotion Period runs from 00:01 on a Monday until 23:59 on the immediately following Sunday (the Offer Week).
If the first day of the 365-day Promotion Period is part way through an Offer Week, the first Meal Offer will start on that date and expire at 23:59 on the following Sunday. If the last day of the 365-day Promotion Period is part way through an Offer Week, the final Meal Offer will end on the last day of the Promotion Period (and the Gold Card shall automatically expire on that date).
1 entrant per day will receive a McDonald’s Gold Card instead of one of the ‘Trick’ Food Offers
c. All Offers will be in digital format and can only be accessed and used via the ‘Offers’ section of your McDonald’s (UK) app account at participating restaurants (see the list of non-participating McDonald’s restaurants at the end of these Rules). Menu items are subject to serving times and availability.
d. Offers are valid on pick-up and delivery orders, only on the McDonald’s (UK) app. Delivery fees apply to delivery orders. Offers cannot be redeemed on orders made via a third-party delivery service, app or website.
e. Offers are not automatically added to your order. To redeem an offer, you must order via the ‘Offers' section of the McDonald’s (UK) app by clicking on the button describing the offer in that section, adding the offer to your order and completing your order on the McDonald’s (UK) app with a participating McDonald's restaurant. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion or offer.
f. A Food Offer expires at 23:59 on the day of receipt, can only be redeemed once on an order made via the McDonald’s (UK) app. Fixed price core menu item offers cannot be used to contribute towards payment for a medium meal or to pay for a medium meal in full.
g. The meal choice provided by each Meal Offer forming part of the Gold Card consists of:
i. one main in a medium or regular-size
ii. one side, being either Medium Fries, Side Salad, Fruit Bag or Veg Bag (as available); and
iii. one drink, being either a Medium Carbonated Soft Drink, Hot Drink or drink served in a bottle or carton but excluding in each case any item advertised as being subject to an additional charge when sold as part of a meal.
h. Each Meal Offer can only be redeemed once in the respective Offer Week. Each Meal Offer will be awarded to the ‘Offers’ section of your McDonald’s (UK) app at the start of the corresponding Offer Week. Meal Offers are not pre-loaded in advance. If a Meal Offer is not used during its respective Offer Week validity period, it shall automatically lapse and become void without any right to an alternative offer or compensation. The Meal Offer does not apply to any other McDonald's items which may be ordered (including any customisations to items subject to additional fees) for which full payment will be required. When using the Gold Card, the meal size cannot be upgraded (whether from medium to large or in any other way), irrespective of card holder’s willingness to pay the price-difference.
7. Prize Selection and Notification:
a. The Offers within the ‘Trick’ option will be allocated via a computer program producing a verifiably random result based on the levels of chance set out above. The outcome of participating in the Promotion is determined instantly at the time of play by the computer program. Entrants are not required to exercise any skill or judgment to receive an Offer.
b. Entrants will be notified of the allocated Offer instantly within the McDonald’s (UK) app. Entrants will not be notified of the allocated Offer in any other way.
c. The allocated offer shall be automatically added to the ‘Offers’ section of your McDonald’s (UK) app.
8. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the McDonald’s (UK) app. Numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of the McDonald’s (UK) app. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering the Promotion or any entries delayed, corrupted, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
9. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that it maintains access to its McDonald’s (UK) app account in order to participate in the Promotion and use an Offer received as part of this Promotion. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes in any entrant’s personal details connected to its McDonald’s (UK) app account.
10. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any participation in the Promotion and may ask for proof of eligibility to receive an Offer (such as proof of identity, address and/or age). Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and forfeiture of any Offer.
11. McDonald's reserves the right to disqualify without notice any entrant if McDonald's believes, in its absolute discretion, that the entrant has acted fraudulently or dishonestly, tampered with or attempted to disrupt or tamper with the operation of the Promotion or acted in violation of these Rules (and any prize award shall be forfeited).
12. There is no cash alternative (in whole or in part) available and the Offers are not transferable. McDonald's may substitute an Offer deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the Offers.
13. No third party or bulk entries allowed. Entries via third parties, agents, consumer groups or syndicates or made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of other automated means, devices or processes are prohibited and will be disqualified (and any prize entitlement will be void).
14. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control (including but not limited to fire, industrial action, war, political unrest, riots or changes of law).
15. Entrants are reminded to get the owner's permission before using a computer, device and/or internet-access, which is not owned or paid for by the entrant. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet, mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering and participating in the Promotion.
16. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's assumes no responsibility and is not liable for (i) any claims, losses, damages or expenses of any kind arising out of or in connection with participation in the Promotion or the allocation or use of a prize; (ii) the non-availability, loss or late receipt of any prize, prize-claim, prize-notification or other communication, whether by reason of network-operator error, failed or corrupted transmission or otherwise; (iii) a prize lost, delayed or damaged in transit; or (iv) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which a winner may be required to pay in connection with a prize.
17. Nothing in these Rules will limit McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Nothing in these Rules shall affect an entrant's statutory rights.
18. McDonald's shall use and process an entrant's personal data in accordance with McDonald's’ Privacy Statement https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/privacy-policy.html.
19. Without prejudice to McDonald's' data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald’s shall make available the surname and county of the Gold Card winners to anyone who requests it by sending a written request to McDonald’s Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new within 90 days of the Closing Date. An entrant may object to the provision of its surname and county if he/she wins a Gold Card, by contacting our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new at the time of entry. Notwithstanding any such objection, McDonald's shall provide those details to the Advertising Standards Authority following receipt of any such request from that body.
20. McDonald's (UK) app terms and conditions apply and are available at: https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions.html.
21. McDonald's decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. These Rules, and any dispute arising out of these Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
23. Offers only available at participating McDonald's restaurants. Offers are not available at the following McDonald’s restaurants (please use McDonald's Restaurant Locator for addresses):
- WALWORTH RD
- BHAM DALE END
- PRAED STREET
- HIGHWAY SHADWELL
- CROYDON VALLEY PARK
- LIVINGSTON 2
- EASTBOURNE II
- TUNBRIDGE WELLS II
- CROYDON 3 (CENTRALE)
- WEST ONE SHOPPING CENTRE
- WIMBLEDON CENTRE COURT
- BRACKNELL - THE KEEP
- CHELMSFORD 2 RIVERSIDE
- GREENHITHE-THE RAILWAY TAVERN
- VICTORIA STATION
- KINGS CROSS - EX WENDYS
- SHAFTESBURY AVENUE - 2
- MANCHESTER - ARNDALE FOOD CHAIN
- WATERLOO STATION
- ASDA BOURNEMOUTH
- ASDA SWINDON
- ASDA WALLINGTON
- ASDA SLOUGH
- NORWICH - CHAPELFIELDS
- PADDINGTON STATION
- WESTFIELD STRATFORD CITY