Signed Northern Ireland Men’s shirts Promotion 2020 Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (the "Rules") apply to the Signed Northern Ireland Men’s shirts 2020 promotion (the "Promotion") administered by McDonald's Restaurants Limited ("McDonald's") of 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW via www.mcdonalds.co.uk/chancestowin (the "Site").
2. Each person who enters the Promotion (each an "Entrant") unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of McDonald's, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Promotion. Winning any Prize requires that the Entrant whose entry is selected as the potential winning entry for the Prize is, and remains, in compliance with the Rules. Until such compliance is completed and verified as solely determined by McDonald's, the Entrant is not a winner.
3. To the extent McDonald's deems it appropriate and in its sole discretion, McDonald's shall be entitled to treat any of its rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of McDonald's and one or more of its agencies and commercial partners.
4. To participate in the Promotion each Entrant must be at the time of entry:
a. 18 years or over;
b. a UK resident;
c. able to access the internet; and
d. compliant with all other eligibility requirements in the Rules.
5. The following are not eligible to participate:
a. employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of Prizes/vouchers or for supplying Prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion;
d. any person not being an individual person;
e. any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; or
f. any person entering via an agent or using the services of an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) Prize promotions.
6. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
7. Promotion start date: 00:01 on 6th November 2020. Promotion closing date: 23.59 on 30th November 2020.
8. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person.
9. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must provide a personal email address, full name and any other information requested via the online entry form on the Site and submit it in accordance with the instructions provided on the form.
10. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned by or paid for by the Entrant, the Entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald's will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
11. In each case, entries must be received by McDonald's no later than the Promotion closing date as set out above and in the manner described. Any entries not received before this time will be void.
12. The Promotion is free to enter. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
13. McDonald's accepts no responsibility for:
a. incomplete, inaccurate, invalid or illegible application forms or other communications required by McDonald’s in connection with the Promotion and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald's; or
b. entries or other communications not successfully received due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, website, network or server failure of any kind.
14. McDonald's reserves the right to exclude any entry which it believes to be fraudulent, based on misconduct or by an ineligible person, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers (in its sole discretion) that there is a risk that the Entrant may bring the McDonald's brand or the Promotion into disrepute.
15. PRIZE DESCRIPTION & CONDITIONS
a) A separate draw will take place for each of the following prize options in the order listed. Limit of 1 entry per person per prize draw, and limit of 1 prize per person per draw.
b) There is a total of 3 prizes across the Promotion as follows (each a "prize"):
o 3 x signed Northern Ireland MEN’S team shirts;
c) Once an entrant is selected as a potential winner in one of the draws, its entry (if any) for any subsequent draws will be removed.
16. There is a limit of one Prize per Entrant. The Prize will be posted to the winner via Royal Mail within 30 days of theclosing date.
17. Prizes may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative, are not transferable, divisible, permitted to be sold or resold and are not for use in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity. In the event that McDonald's wishes to increase the Prize pool for the Promotion, it may (but shall not be obliged to) do so.
18. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Prizes will be awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose).
Conduct of Promotion
19. All valid entries received by the Promotion closing date which have fully complied with the Rules will be collected together for a single prize draw (“Draw”), which will take place within 7 days of the closing date. The Draw will be made at random from all valid entries under independent supervision or via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw (method to be confirmed at a later date).
20. Sufficient entries will be drawn to award the entire number of Prizes. Reserves may also be drawn.
21. Within 7 days of the Draw, McDonald's will send an email to each winner using the address submitted at entry in order to notify that person that they have a claim for a Prize. Potential winners shall have until no later than the date stated in that notification-email (or, if none, within 7 days of the date the notification email is sent) to respond with the information requested and in the manner stated ("Winner's Response Message"). If the Winner's Response Message is not received by the time and in the manner required, then that claim for a Prize shall automatically become invalid and the corresponding entry shall be void (and without requirement for McDonald’s to notify that person of this), following which McDonald’s may, in its discretion, select one of the reserve entries and notify that Entrant by email in order for that Entrant to respond by the date and in the manner stated in that notification email with the information requested by the time stated, failing which that claim for a Prize shall automatically become invalid and the corresponding entry shall be void (and without requirement for McDonald’s to notify that person of this) . McDonald's is not responsible for any changes in telephone numbers, e-mail addresses of Entrants.
22. Once the Winner's Response Message has been received, McDonald's will send an email requiring that person to provide the fulfilment information requested via an online form. The form must be submitted by the potential winner and received by McDonald’s by no later than the date stated in that notification-email or (if none) within 7 days of the date of sending the notification email. Winners will be required to provide their UK residential address and other relevant information for the selection (if applicable) and delivery of the Prize. Prizes may be subject to change in specification and delivery dates may be subject to change if reasons which are outside of McDonald's control make this necessary.
23. McDonald's may require such information (in addition to the information required to be given on Prize claims) as it considers necessary for the purposes of verifying any claim and an Entrant's compliance with the Rules and any Prize may be withheld unless and until McDonald's is satisfied with the verification. Should McDonald's determine, based on the evidence in its possession at any given time, that an Entrant is in breach of the Rules, then it may adjudge (in its discretion) that such Entrant is ineligible to take part in any Promotion and every other promotion or offer of McDonald's and every Prize due to be provided by McDonald's, and entry and/or claim by that Entrant then in process and still to be made shall be deemed invalid and void from the outset.
24. McDonald's shall not be obliged to contact any unsuccessful or disqualified Entrant. All decisions of McDonald's with regard to all elements of the Promotion are final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
25. All Prizes which are un-awarded, unclaimed or subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, will lapse and may be re-awarded by McDonald's (but without obligation to do so). This includes any Prizes where the Winner's Response Message or other required communication is received by McDonald's after the timeframe provided. McDonald's does not accept any liability for delay or non-delivery of notification emails to winners or any Winner's Response Message.
26. Entry to the Promotion amounts to acceptance of the Rules and to their interpretation under English law and by the English courts. All age limits shall be deemed to be actual age as at the time of acceptance of the Rules, unless expressly stated otherwise in these Rules.
27. Nothing in the Rules shall affect any Entrant's statutory rights. McDonald's may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in the Rules.
28. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any Prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, claim for a Prize, Prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a Prize; (iv) (where applicable) any person whose mobile phone is used to make an entry without the owner's permission; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize, (save to the extent that McDonald's has expressly and specifically accepted responsibility in the Rules for the same).
29. All Prizes sourced by McDonald's from other suppliers remain the property of those suppliers pending delivery to winners.
30. McDonald's may (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging McDonald's to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that Entrant or at all for any other person); (ii) terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond McDonald's control; or (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the Prizes (or any part of a Prize to the extent divisible). McDonald's decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding.
31. Obligations and rights of McDonald’s under these Rules may be discharged or enforced (as applicable) by McDonald’s or any of its agencies (including its nominated promotional agency, Leo Burnett, and its dedicated communications agency, Armadillo) or other contractors .
32. In administering this Promotion, in addition to McDonald's standard privacy Terms and Conditions https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/privacy-policy.html#ukfaq, McDonald's will collect personal information from all Entrants and McDonald's: (i) will not collect more of the Entrant's personal information than needed for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion (including carrying out security checks as stated) and for posting features on its Site which are informed by one or more entry-submissions; and (ii) will only use the Entrant's personal information for those purposes (and such use may include transferring the Entrant's personal information to McDonald's agencies or contractors providing services to McDonald's in respect of the Promotion).
33. As it is impracticable for McDonald's to verify with any certainty the age of those who enter a promotion or subscribe to an offer via SMS, web-form, email or telephone, McDonald's urges parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children's mobile phone/computer/telephone activities.
34. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
35. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THESE ADDRESSES.
© McDonald's Restaurants Limited 2020