McCafé Loyalty Card Terms & Conditions ("Terms")
McDonald's McCafe Loyalty Scheme 2019 ("Scheme")
1. Subject to availability of Scheme-cups, one sticker ("Sticker") and one loyalty card ("Loyalty Card") will be distributed during the Scheme on the Scheme-cups on the purchase or redemption of a hot drink (except for sale of a single or double espresso, to whose cups only a Sticker and not a Loyalty Card is attached) at participating McDonald's restaurants.
2. All Stickers and the Loyalty Card must be valid for this Scheme. Note there are two McCafé Loyalty Card schemes running simultaneously which are separate loyalty schemes as follows:
(a) an in-restaurant only, Scheme-cups Scheme to which these Terms relate; and
(b) the McDonald's McCafé Digital Loyalty Scheme 2019 located on the McDonald's App,
Stickers, stamps and Loyalty Cards for each scheme are not interchangeable and cannot be substituted or combined across the two McCafé Loyalty Card schemes referred to above.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, stickers and loyalty cards from promotions running in previous years will not be accepted for the 2019 Scheme.
4. Participation in the Scheme is scheduled to take place at participating McDonald's restaurants in the UK, Isle of Man, Jersey and Republic of Ireland from 13 September 2018 to 31 December 2019 (inclusive) subject to availability of Scheme-cups and to any extension of the Scheme as determined by McDonald's and notified from time to time in these Terms (which McDonald's may alter for this purpose).
5. Present the Loyalty Card for this in-restaurant Scheme with 6 Stickers stuck to it on the spaces provided before ordering at a participating McDonald's restaurant to obtain one free regular hot drink. The restaurant may (in its discretion) offer a suitable alternative of equal or greater value. The restaurant will retain each Loyalty Card with Stickers upon presentation for redemption.
6. Stickers and Loyalty Cards shall become void for all purposes after the "valid until" date printed on the Stickers and Loyalty Cards.
7. In the event the Promoter has leftover stocks of Scheme-cups at the valid until date printed on Stickers, the Promoter may (in its discretion) continue to distribute Scheme-cups until all have been issued without thereby implying any extension of either the Scheme end date or of the valid until date of the Stickers or Loyalty Cards.
8. Stickers and Loyalty Cards cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer unless otherwise stated on the other promotion or offer. Stickers and Loyalty Cards may only be redeemed once.
9. The Promoter may terminate or suspend the Scheme at any time before the due date for termination, in the event that supervening circumstances occur which are beyond the Promoter's reasonable control (including, without limit, where stocks of Scheme-cups have been exhausted due to unexpected demand or have become un-useable for any reason). Details of any such termination or suspension shall be posted at https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions/coffee-loyalty.html on the same page as these Terms. In the event of such early termination, customers who have at least one Sticker on a Loyalty Card may substitute valid till receipts for any of the remaining 5 Stickers required to complete that Loyalty Card. To be a valid till receipt, it must evidence the purchase of one or more hot drinks (with the number of hot drinks counting as the number of stickers which can be substituted) at a participating McDonald's during the period between the date on which the Scheme is terminated and the "valid until" date printed on the Stickers.
10. The Promoter's decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Terms shall be final and binding. McDonald's may waive or modify any requirement under the Terms where a person might otherwise not qualify for the offer and without implying any obligation to relax that requirement in any other case.
11. Any Sticker or Loyalty Card which appears in the absolute discretion of a McDonald's restaurant to be photocopied, counterfeit, illegible, stolen or damaged or on which any security device has been tampered with or affected will be invalid for all purposes and will be retained by that restaurant.
12. The Promoter retains at all times ownership of all Stickers, Loyalty Cards and advertising in connection with the Scheme together with all intellectual property rights in and over the Stickers Loyalty Cards and advertising for the Scheme.
13. The peeling off of any Sticker or removal of any Loyalty Card from a cup amounts to acceptance of these Terms and to their respective interpretation under English law and by the English courts and to the terms of the following licence of the Stickers and Loyalty Cards and of the Promoter's intellectual property reproduced on the same, namely:
You understand and accept that:
a) upon making a qualifying purchase of a hot drink at a McDonald's restaurant or upon receipt of a cup from McDonald's Customer Services (but not in any other circumstances) and conditional upon your not being in breach of these Terms, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive licence for the duration of the Scheme and up to the "valid until" date printed on the Stickers referred to above to use the Stickers and Loyalty Cards solely for the purposes of the proper participation in the Scheme in accordance with these Terms;
b) none of the following shall be considered proper participation in the Scheme, namely;
(i) any purchase (including via a third party (e.g. eBay)), sale, offer to sell, giving away or other dealing with any Stickers and Loyalty Cards,
(ii) any use for any purpose whatsoever of
1. any Scheme or other McDonald's advertising,
2. any feature taken from such advertising, or
3. any use of the intellectual property rights in or over such advertising, or
(iii) anything which is a breach by you of these Terms;
c) this licence shall expire upon the end of the Scheme;
d) any use of the Stickers and Loyalty Cards for a purpose not stated to be permitted or any failure otherwise to observe any provision of this licence shall result in automatic termination of the licence without requirement as to notice and amount to an irremediable infringement of the Promoter's intellectual property entitling the Promoter to all rights and remedies available by law; and
e) following expiry or termination of this licence you must:
(i) either destroy or return all Stickers and Loyalty Cards to the Promoter without attempting to redeem the same, and
(ii) cease to use the all Stickers and Loyalty Cards for any purpose whatsoever.
14. Nothing in these Terms shall affect your statutory rights. The Promoter may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in these Terms.
15. All instructions, terms and conditions on any advertising or promotional materials relating to this Promotion form part of these Terms although, in the event of conflict, these provisions shall prevail over all such other instructions, terms and conditions. Expressions which have been defined above shall have the same meanings when used in such other instructions, terms and conditions wherever the context admits.
Promoter and © 2019 McDonald's Restaurants Limited of 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW.