McDonald’s Elf on the Shelf® Happy Meal® Prize Draw 2022 Promotion Terms and Conditions
These are the rules for the McDonald’s Elf on the Shelf® Happy Meal® Prize Draw 2022 Prize Draw (the “Promotion”) (the “Rules”):
1. The Promotion is promoted by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules. All communications relating to the Promotion should be addressed to the address as follows: Happy Meal 2022 Prize Draw, 11-59 High Street, London N2 8AW.
2. The Promotion is open to entries from UK (including Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 and over.
3. The following are not eligible to participate:
(a) employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
(b) employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents, and advisors;
(c) other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion; and
(d) any person entering via an agent or using the services of, or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
4. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
(a) be a UK resident (including Northern Ireland);
(b) be 18 years old or over;
(c) be the recipient of a McDonald’s newsletter email, to be sent on 16th November 2022 to selected, existing subscribers to McDonald’s newsletter-emails only, and which (at McDonald’s sole discretion) includes an invitation to the recipient to enter the Promotion (a “Qualifying Newsletter”);
(d) click on a hidden Elf on the Shelf® character (excluding any Elf on the Shelf® plush toys, board game or book) found in the Qualifying Newsletter (a "Relevant Link"). By clicking on a Relevant Link, you will automatically be entered into the Promotion; and
(e) comply with any other eligibility and entry requirements set out in the Qualifying Newsletter (if any) and these Rules.
5. The Promotion is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary. There is a limit to one entry per eligible person for the draw.
6. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age and/or compliance with these Rules.
7. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed, and all such entries will be disqualified. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes to any entrant's e-mail address.
8. The Promotion opens at 11:00am on 16th November 2022 and closes at 23:59pm on 30th November 2022 (inclusive) (the "Closing Date").
9. Entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Closing Date to be entered into the draw. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
10. The winners will be selected within 24 hours of the Closing Date.
11 The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received by the Closing Date for the draw. The draw will be made from all valid entries via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw.
12. There are 30 prizes in the Promotion and there will be 30 winners. Each winner will win one prize which consists of one £30 cinema gift card ("Gift Card") which can be used at the winner's choice of one of the following cinemas: Vue, Odeon or Cineworld ("Participating Cinema") and an Elf on the Shelf® Board Game (together the "Prize").
13. On notification of winning the Prize, each winner must respond by email with their chosen Participating Cinema. The Gift Card can only be redeemed at the winner's chosen Participating Cinema and cannot be redeemed with any other Participating Cinema. Once the winner confirms their choice of Participating Cinema, the Gift Card cannot be changed so it can be used at one of the other two Participating Cinemas.
14. The Gift Card for Vue will be a physical voucher. The Gift Card for Odeon and Cineworld will be an e-voucher.
15. The Gift Card is for your own personal non-commercial use and may not be resold.
16. Any costs which the winner and/or any permitted companions (if applicable) incurs in connection with redeeming the Gift Card which are not expressly stated in these Rules as being included with the Gift Card shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and/or permitted companions.
17. Each Gift Card is subject to the relevant Participating Cinema's expiry dates and terms and conditions which can be found at:
(a) Vue - www.myvue.com/legal/terms-and-conditions#vue-gift-card-terms-and-conditions The balance of the voucher is valid for 12 months from the last transaction which includes activation, a balance enquiry, or a purchase.
(b) Odeon - https://www.odeon.co.uk/privacy-and-legal/odeon-gift-card-terms-of-use/ The voucher shall be valid for 24 months from the date of purchase or, if later, the date of the last card payment or top-up made. Once the entire balance has been used and no top up has been made within 30 days from that date, the voucher will be deactivated and will not be re-usable. Any balance unused in this 24-month period will be cancelled and no refund will be given.
(c) Cineworld – www.cineworld.co.uk/static/en/uk/terms/gift-cards-and-e-gift-cards The voucher shall be valid for 24 months from the date of purchase or, if later, the date of the last card payment or top-up made. Once the entire balance has been used and no top up has been made within 30 days from that date, the voucher will be deactivated and will not be re-usable. Any balance unused in this 24-month period will be cancelled and no refund will be given.
18. The Prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other voucher and is not transferable. McDonald's may substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes.
Prize Claim Notification
19. McDonald’s shall send notice to the winner(s) within 30 days of the Closing Date by email to the address submitted by each relevant entrant at the time of entry, requiring each winner to respond by email with the winner's chosen Participating Cinema as set out at clause 13, the UK residential address to which the Prize will be sent and, if the winner has chosen an Odeon or Cineworld Gift Card, the email address to which the e-voucher will be sent and any other information and/or documents which McDonald’s requests.
20. Following receipt from a winner of all requested information in accordance with clause 19 and the properly and fully completed forms (if any) by the required deadline (or if none, by no later than 7 days after the date of McDonald’s initial notification-email to the relevant winner) and in the required manner, McDonald’s shall within 30 days send the prize by email and/or post (as determined by McDonald’s) to the relevant winner.
21. Prizes will be awarded for the draw only on verification by McDonald's that the relevant entrant has complied with these Rules.
22. Please note that no association is to be implied by this Promotion, the prize-pool or any arrangements in relation to fulfilment of the prize (including, if appropriate, any ticket provider, event authority or venue authority) between McDonald’s, CCA and B, LLC dba The Lumistella Company, Vue Entertainment Limited, Odeon Cinemas Limited or Cineworld Cinemas Limited.
23. All entries and any related material must be free from sexist, racist, defamatory, obscene, anti-religious, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent, sexual or otherwise unacceptable content in the sole opinion of McDonald’s. McDonald’s reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
24. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
25. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
26. No responsibility will be accepted by McDonald’s for incomplete, invalid or illegible entries and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s.
27. Failure of a winner to follow the Rules (including any deadlines therein) and other instructions of McDonald’s at any stage of the Promotion and prize fulfilment process (whether or not communicated via an agent) may result (in McDonald’s sole discretion) in the prize being withheld and that winner’s claim being deemed void for all purposes.
28. In the event that any winning entry later proves to be invalid or deemed void then McDonald’s may re-award the relevant prize as it sees fit (but shall not be obliged to do so); specifically, the drawing of one or more reserve entries for any draw shall not of itself imply any obligation for McDonald’s to award a prize to a reserve entry should a winning entry become invalid or deemed void.
29. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
30. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; or (iv) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules). Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
31. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the relevant link in the Qualifying Newsletter and or its website(s) or the McDonald's App (UK); numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of any of the same. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
33. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk to obtain the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
34. Subject to clause 35 and 36 and without prejudice to McDonald's data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald's shall make available, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new, the winner(s) surname and county or such other information McDonald's deems necessary.
35. Entrants to the Promotion shall, at or before the time of entry, have the right to object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with clause 34. Entrants can object by contacting our Customer Services team at: https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new.
36. Without prejudice to clause 34 and 35 above, McDonald's shall provide the information set out in clause 34 upon request from the Advertising Standards Authority.
37. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.