Full Terms & Conditions for The McSpicy Fan Competition
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your information.
1. Promoter: McDonald's Restaurants Ltd, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to all GB (England, Scotland and Wales) and Northern Ireland residents aged 18 or over, except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the Promotion including McDonald’s employees, their agencies and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or ‘step’ family).
3. Promotional Period: The prize promotion opens at 17:00 on Wednesday 8th February 2023 and closes at 17:00 on Wednesday 15th February 2023.
4. Internet access and a TikTok account are required for entry. A TikTok account can be opened at TikTok.com. Participants are reminded to get the owner's permission before using a computer, device and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant to enter the Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any Internet or mobile connection, or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
5. The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
6. How to enter
a. Comment on the @leightonwhyte promotional 'McDonald's' McSpicy post
b. Tag a friend within the comment. Your friend must be over 18.
c. Follow @mcdonaldsuk on TikTok
d. Only 1 entry per person. If you enter more than once your first entry will be accepted and all others will be disqualified.
e. Only entries which complete the above actions will be eligible for winning.
f. During the Promotional Period, some entries might be shared by @leightonwhyte, or @mcdonaldsUK and either may comment on your entry. This does not mean that you are a winner, neither does it increase your chances of winning.
g. Please follow @mcdonaldsuk on TikTok until April 30th, 2023, in the event that a redraw takes place.
h. Any entries that we consider (in our absolute discretion) to be in breach of government COVID-19 guidelines/restrictions, political, dangerous, profane, suggestive, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, offensive (including but not limited to words or symbols that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group) cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
i. We will not tolerate anyone who posts or is seen to be posting comments via any social media channel or anywhere else during this Promotion that we think are bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other entrants and followers of @leightonwhyte or directly aimed at us. Anyone acting in this way will be disqualified from the prize promotion.
j. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt of entry. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
k. No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties, consumer groups or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, fraudulently falsifying data; using multiple TikTok accounts; acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter; using identities other than their own; creating fake identities or using any other automated or manual means in order to increase that participant's or a household’s entries or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants and their household will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
7. Winner Selection:
a. There are 200 winners in total. All entries received will be placed into one random prize draw conducted by an independent third-party within 14 days of the closing date. The winners will be the first 200 entries randomly selected that meet the entry criteria.
b. Please note that this is not a competition and entries are not judged.
c. Please note people tagged in a comment do not win a prize.
8. Prize Fund:
a. There are 200 prizes in total of a McSpicy themed bamboo hand fan in orange and white.
b. There is no cash alternative to the prize stated and prize must be accepted by the named winners. Prize cannot be transferred to anyone else.
c. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
d. Max 1 prize per person.
9. Winner Notification
a. Winners will be contacted via Direct Message by @mcdonaldsuk within 14 days of the closing date, notified of their win, and required to send an email to a prize fulfilment email address stating their full name, TikTok handle and providing details of their postal address, within 5 days of notification.
b. Only a claim/reply from the same TikTok account that we notify will be accepted.
c. Winners have 5 days to claim their prize by sending an email to the specified address. If a winner does not send an email within the initial 3 days of notification, they will be contacted again via a direct message and given a further 2 days to respond. If contact cannot be made, or the prize is not claimed, within 5 days of the initial prize notification date, the prize will be redrawn and awarded to a new winner.
10. Prize Fulfilment
a. Prizes will be sent to winners by Royal Mail within 28 working days of prize claim.
11. Where we suspect that an individual has breached these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to verify the winner and ask for proof of identity, age and address and that they are the person associated with the winning notification.
12. Winners may be asked to take part in reasonable publicity relating to this prize draw without payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, publishing the winners’ name and social media handle, and any statements made by them concerning the Promotion and the prize won as part of the Promotion on 'Mcdonald's' UK social media channels.
13. Data Protection: Details are collected for the purpose of administering the Promotion only. Winner details will be passed onto a third party for prize fulfilment and winner notification only and will not be used for any other purpose. To find out more about how we use and protect your personal data, as well as your privacy rights visit https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/privacy-policy.html.
14. The surname and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 month of the closing date. Participants may request their surname and county is not published in the event they win by emailing email@example.com before the closing date. However, the Promoter shall provide the surname and county of the winners to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with TikTok. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to TikTok. All entries are also subject to TikTok's terms of service, and you can find them here https://www.tiktok.com/legal/page/eea/terms-of-service/en
16. We reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion for whatever reason, with no liability to any entrants or third parties if the failure to deliver our obligations is outside our reasonable control. However, if this happens, we will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to winner notification or prizes. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
18. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant's sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter's liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
19. The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.