MyMcDonald’s Rewards Terms (UK)
These MyMcDonald’s Rewards Terms (UK) describe the MyMcDonald’s Rewards program operating in the United Kingdom (“UK”), Jersey and Isle of Man (the “Rewards Terms”).
By opting into the MyMcDonald’s Rewards program operating in the UK, Jersey and Isle of Man (“MyMcDonald’s Rewards”, or the “Rewards Program”), you are entering into a binding agreement with McDonald’s Restaurants Limited (“McDonald’s”, “we”, “us” or “our”) in respect of your use of, and participation in, the Rewards Program. If you do not agree to all of the Rewards Terms, you must not use the Rewards Program.
1. Online Services. The Rewards Terms are intended to supplement the Terms and Conditions for McDonald's Online Services (UK) (the “Online Services Terms”). You understand and acknowledge that you have already agreed to the Online Services Terms when you registered and logged into the McDonald's app and the Online Service Terms remain binding.
2. McDonald’s Privacy Statement. In connection with these Rewards Terms, McDonald’s will use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Statement, which forms part of these terms. Our Privacy Statement describes our information practices, including how we collect, use and share your personal information. It also sets out rights that you have in respect of your personal information.
3. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Rewards Program. The Rewards Program is provided to you for domestic and private use only.
4. Opt-in. To participate in MyMcDonald's Rewards, you must have downloaded, registered and signed-in to the McDonald's app. Once registered and signed-in, you will be offered the option to opt-in to MyMcDonald's Rewards. If you wish to opt-in at a later date, the option to participate will remain in the “Offers” section of the McDonald's app. If you wish to participate in the Rewards Program, you must opt-in via the link displayed in the app and accept these Rewards Terms.
5. Participating restaurants. You can only use the Rewards Program and any MyMcDonald’s Rewards points accumulated as part of your participation in the Rewards Program (“points”) in restaurants in the UK, Jersey and Isle of Man that are participating in the Rewards Program ("participating restaurants"). Participating restaurants can be located using our restaurant locator tool at https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/restaurant-locator.html?service=LOYALTY.
6. McCafé® Rewards. Your ability to participate in any McCafé Rewards scheme will automatically cease on the date on which you opt-in to MyMcDonald’s Rewards. Once you have opted-in to MyMcDonald’s Rewards you will be unable to switch back to McCafé Rewards.
7. Conversion of McCafé® Rewards stamps to MyMcDonald’s Rewards points. If you made hot drink purchases as part of the McCafé Rewards scheme prior to your date of opt-in to MyMcDonald’s Rewards but had not made enough purchases to receive a voucher entitling you to a free regular McCafé hot drink, then, on the date on which you opt-in to MyMcDonald’s Rewards, each existing McCafé Rewards loyalty stamp shown on your digital McCafé Rewards loyalty card will automatically be converted into 300 MyMcDonald’s Rewards points. If the McCafé Rewards scheme expires or terminates before you opt-in to MyMcDonald’s Rewards, any McCafé Rewards loyalty stamps held on that date will be automatically deactivated and cannot be converted to MyMcDonald’s Rewards points.
8. Expiry of a McCafé® Rewards Voucher. If you participated in the McCafé Rewards scheme prior to your date of opt-in to MyMcDonald’s Rewards and have an existing digital McCafé Rewards Voucher entitling you to a free regular McCafé hot drink, then you can redeem that voucher on or before the end of the period of validity for that voucher in accordance with the McCafé Rewards scheme terms and conditions.
9. How to earn MyMcDonald’s Rewards points.
(a) Once you have opted into the Rewards Program, you will earn 1 MyMcDonald’s Rewards point for every 1p (one penny) spent on eligible products purchased from a participating restaurant using the McDonald's app, provided that you identify your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account before you complete your purchase.
(b) You can identify your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account by:
(i) making a purchase on the McDonald's app from a participating restaurant,
(ii) scanning or entering the one-time code displayed in the Code section of your McDonald's app at a digital kiosk in a participating restaurant before paying for your order,
(iii) showing the one-time code displayed in the Code section of your McDonald's app to a crew member at the front counter in a participating restaurant before paying for your order, or
(iv) saying the one-time code displayed in the Code section of your McDonald's app at the speaker post at a Drive-thru at a participating restaurant - please ensure you are safely parked with your engine switched off before opening and using the McDonald's app.
You will not earn points or have any recourse to claim points if you do not identify your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account before you complete your purchase.
(c) The following are not eligible products and any spend on such items will not accrue points: (i) bag tax(es), (ii) delivery fees, (iii) tips for delivery drivers or riders, (iv) charitable donations, (v) loading money on a gift card and (vi) purchase of gift certificates and gift vouchers.
(d) If you redeem a reward, mobile offer, bonus offer, promotional offer, voucher or use any other type of discount code as part of your order, you will only accrue points for the actual monetary spend in the transaction.
(e) If, for any reason, McDonald's provides you with a full or partial refund of your spend on eligible products, McDonald’s is entitled to remove the corresponding points from your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account.
10. Restrictions on earning MyMcDonald's Rewards points.
(a) MyMcDonald's Rewards points can only be collected on the first 10 transactions you make each day, up to 40 transactions per week. If you make more than 10 transactions in any one day; or more than 40 transactions in any one week, MyMcDonald's Rewards points will not be collected on those transactions.
(b) At any one time your MyMcDonald's Rewards points balance must not exceed 100,000 points.
11. Third Party Websites and Apps. Points cannot be earned or redeemed on orders made via a third party delivery service, app or website.
12. Verifying your points balance. You can check your points balance in the Rewards & Offers section of your McDonald's app. You are responsible to ensure your points balance is correct. Points that you earn may not always immediately post to your account. If it has been more than 48 hours since your purchase and you believe points have been incorrectly calculated, please ensure you have a copy of your receipt (including order number) and contact us, via one of the contact methods listed at the end of these Rewards Terms, within thirty (30) days of your purchase. McDonald’s has the sole discretion to determine points in your account and McDonald’s has no liability for any delay or failure to correctly credit points to your account.
13. Rewards Menu. The Rewards Menu in the Rewards & Offers section of the McDonald's app identifies how many points are required to redeem a product on the Rewards Menu (each a “reward”). The Rewards Menu may have multiple reward levels and multiple rewards on each level, which can change from time to time. McDonald’s makes no promise of the continued availability of any reward, even if it is advertised or displayed to you. Rewards are available until supplies last at participating restaurants and are subject always to product availability at a participating restaurant. Rewards may be modified, changed and discontinued at any time without notice.
14. Exchanging your points for rewards.
(a) If you have enough points for a reward, the reward will be unlocked in the Rewards Menu and is available for a points exchange. Potential rewards for which you don’t have enough points may be displayed but locked. You cannot exchange points for more than one reward at a time.
(b) You can exchange your points for a reward by:
(i) selecting the reward from the Rewards Menu in the Rewards & Offers section of the McDonald's app, or
(ii) logging into a digital kiosk in a participating restaurant using your McDonald's app and selecting the reward from the Rewards Menu in the Rewards & Offers section of your account.
(c) Rewards selected from the Rewards Menu when you are logged into a digital kiosk in a participating restaurant will be automatically added to the order that you place at that kiosk at that time.
(d) When using the McDonald's app to select a reward from the Rewards Menu, you can redeem your chosen reward:
(i) directly on the McDonald's app by selecting your chosen reward in the app and choosing 'Add to mobile order' (for pickup) or 'Add to McDelivery order' (for delivery on the McDonald’s app), before completing your order at a participating restaurant, or
(ii) at a digital kiosk, a Drive-thru or front counter in a participating restaurant, by selecting your chosen reward in the McDonald’s app and choosing 'Add to Code'. At the digital kiosk enter the one-time code displayed in the Code section of your McDonald's app, or at the front counter or Drive-thru post read out the one-time code to a crew member, before completing your order. At the Drive-thru please ensure you are safely parked with your engine switched off before opening and using the McDonald's app.
(e) Once you select a reward and exchange your points for it, the number of points for that reward will be temporarily deducted from your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account. When you complete your order and redeem the reward for which you exchanged points at a participating restaurant, the points will be permanently deducted from your account. If you do not complete your order, the reward will temporarily remain in your account until you make your next purchase using the McDonald’s app. If you remove the chosen reward from your bag before completing your order, any points deducted from your account for that reward and which are still valid will be reinstated (and the reward will be removed from your account). If you leave the chosen reward in your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account and do not redeem it before the end of the calendar year in which it was selected, that reward will be automatically deactivated and the points will be permanently deducted from your account.
(f) McDonald's reserves the right not to accept a reward e-voucher (or corresponding code) if in its reasonable opinion the reward e-voucher or code has been tampered with or fraudulently obtained.
(g) When you redeem your reward for a product, you are obtaining that product directly from the participating restaurant supplying the product to you.
15. Other ways to earn and redeem. From time to time, McDonald’s may offer new and different ways for you to earn and redeem points, including bonus campaigns or points accelerators. McDonald’s has the sole discretion to offer, change and terminate the different ways to earn and redeem points, including for example, the points associated with bonus campaigns and accelerators. Sometimes earning and redeeming points may be subject to additional terms disclosed at the time of the offer.
16. Point expiry. Each point is valid for twelve (12) months from the end of the month in which such point was earned. Points will be maintained in your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account until you exchange your points for a reward, or until they expire, whichever occurs first. If McDonald’s terminates the Rewards Program, any unused points in your account will expire and be void when the Rewards Program is terminated. Upon termination of your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account for any reason (including, but not limited to, whether you choose to close your account or McDonald’s terminates your account for a breach of the Rewards Terms or the Online Services Terms), all points that you have accumulated as part of the Rewards Program will immediately expire.
17. Availability. All offers, rewards and products accessible via the Rewards Program are subject to availability. Certain offers, rewards and products may not be available at all participating restaurants. Not all participating restaurants sell all products offered as rewards or bonuses. Images of products and packaging of rewards are examples only and may not be identical to the product or packaging you receive from a participating restaurant.
18. Your compliance with the Rewards Terms. McDonald’s is entitled to take any action it considers appropriate, including invalidating or removing points from your account or suspending or terminating your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account, if:
(a) McDonald’s suspend or terminates your McDonald's app account,
(b) McDonald's detects any suspicious activity concerning your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account,
(c) McDonald's believes you improperly or fraudulently dealt with or obtained or tried to claim points or rewards, including any purchase, sale, offer to sell, giving away or other dealing with any points or rewards other than in accordance with these Rewards Terms,
(d) McDonald's believes you misused or abused the Rewards Program or tampered or attempted to tamper with your MyMcDonald's Rewards account,
(e) you have provided us with false or misleading information, or
(f) you have broken any of these Rewards Terms,
and if we terminate your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account for any of the above reasons, you will lose all of the points you have accumulated (including properly obtained points) and you forfeit your right to earn and redeem points in the future. McDonald’s monitors compliance with these Reward Terms as set out in our Privacy Statement. McDonald’s has the sole discretion to determine your compliance with the Rewards Terms. McDonald’s determination is final.
19. No rights in points. Points are not property and you have no vested right or interest in points. Points have no cash value. Points are not assignable or transferrable between accounts, persons or otherwise, and points cannot be combined across accounts, regardless of who registered the account. Points can only be earned, held and redeemed as set out in these Rewards Terms. Any other use, award, sale, exchange or transfer of points, or attempt to do so, is a serious breach of these Rewards Terms.
20. Changes to MyMcDonald’s Rewards. MyMcDonald’s Rewards can change from time to time, so be sure to continue to refer to these Rewards Terms for the latest details. You understand and consent that (with or without notice) McDonald’s may, in its sole discretion, change, modify, cancel or discontinue MyMcDonald’s Rewards, in whole or in part, including any terms, rules, features, benefits, rewards, conditions of participation, points accruing or accumulation ratio, the points redemption policy, the points expiration policy, or any other aspect of the Rewards Program at any time, even though changes may affect points and rewards already in your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account.
21. Updates to these Rewards Terms. McDonald's may also modify and update these Rewards Terms at any time and at its sole discretion. If McDonald’s makes material changes to the Rewards Terms, we will notify you by any reasonable means such as by posting the new terms in the McDonald's app. Any changes will become effective immediately upon posting the revisions and you are solely responsible for remaining knowledgeable about and in compliance with these Rewards Terms at all times. If you do not agree to any changed terms, then you must immediately stop using the Rewards Program and request that McDonald’s closes your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account (see ‘Closing your MyMcDonald’s Rewards Account’ below).
22. Closing your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account.
(a) You are able to close your MyMcDonald's Rewards account at any time by either:
(i) selecting to opt out via the "MMR Opt-In/Opt-Out" functionality in the Privacy Settings section of the Profile section in the McDonald's app, or
(ii) deleting your entire McDonald's app account in the app, in accordance with the Online Services Terms.
(b) If you close your MyMcDonald's Rewards account via the MMR Opt-Out process under option (a)(i) above, you will be able to continue to use the other features of the McDonald's app but you will not be able to earn or redeem points. Subject to reinstatement below, any unused MyMcDonald's Rewards offers and rewards in the McDonald's app before you opted-out of the Rewards Program will be removed from the app.
(c) If you close your MyMcDonald's Rewards account via the MMR Opt-Out process under option (a)(i) above, we will retain your data for 15 days. If you reactivate your MyMcDonald's Rewards account during this 15-day period, any points balance that existed at the time of closing your MyMcDonald's Rewards account will be reinstated. Any unused MyMcDonald's Rewards offers and rewards (other than any product specific welcome offer) will also be reinstated provided that the expiry date stated on the offer or reward has not passed, and the offer or reward has not been used. Product specific welcome offers will be permanently lost and you will have no entitlement to reinstate those offers or to benefit from any other product specific welcome offers. If you reactivate your account after the 15-day period, any points balance and MyMcDonald's Rewards offers and rewards that existed prior to closing account will be lost.
23. Death of account holder. A MyMcDonald’s Rewards account will terminate on the death of the account holder. On notification of an account holder's death, McDonald’s will close that account holder's MyMcDonald’s Rewards account. Points that have been earnt but not redeemed will be cancelled. McDonald’s will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by any person as a result of such cancellation.
24. Events beyond our control. McDONALD’S HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR McDONALD’S FAILURE TO PERFORM ANY OF ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE REWARDS TERMS CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO ANY EVENT BEYOND MCDONALD’S REASONABLE CONTROL. If such an event occurs, then McDonald’s obligations under the Rewards Terms will be suspended for the duration of the event; and McDonald’s may, but is not required to, use reasonable endeavours to find a solution by which its obligations under these Rewards Terms may be performed despite the event.
25. Responsibility for Loss or Damage.
(a) McDonald's does not warrant or make any representation that the Rewards Program will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. You assume total responsibility related to your use of, and participation in, the Rewards Program.
(b) McDONALD'S SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS LOSSES, LOST DATA, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, THE REWARDS PROGRAM. McDonald’s reserves all legal rights to recover damages or other compensation under these terms or as allowed by law.
(c) If we are liable to you in relation to your participation in the Rewards Program (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise), our maximum liability to you will be £50. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not an obvious consequence of our breach or that was not contemplated by you and us at the time that you opted into the Rewards Program.
(d) The Rewards Program is provided to you for domestic and private use only. You agree not to use the Rewards Program for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we shall not have any liability to you for any loss that you suffer as a result of any such use.
(e) Nothing in these Rewards Terms excludes or limits our liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other matter that we cannot exclude or limit under applicable law. Additionally, nothing in these Rewards Terms shall affect your statutory rights.
(a) On closure or termination of your MyMcDonald's Rewards account for whatever reason, all rights granted to you under these Rewards Terms shall cease; however, these Rewards Terms will continue to apply to your prior use of the Rewards Program and anything relating to or arising from such use.
(b) Each of the terms and conditions in these Rewards Terms are severable and operate separately. If any of them are unlawful, void or unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
(c) If McDonald’s fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Rewards Terms, or if McDonald’s does not enforce its rights against you, or delays in doing so, that will not mean that McDonald’s has waived its rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
(d) These Rewards Terms govern the relationship between McDonald’s and you only and are not intended to be relied upon by any third party.
(e) McDonald’s may transfer its rights and obligations under these Rewards Terms to another organisation or entity, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Rewards Terms. You may only transfer your rights or obligations under these Rewards Terms to another person if McDonald’s agrees in writing.
27. Applicable Law. These Rewards Terms will be governed and interpreted pursuant to English law. You irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales for purposes of any legal action arising out of or related to these terms or the Rewards Program.
28. How to contact us. If you have any questions or comments regarding MyMcDonald’s Rewards, please see the Contact Us section on our website. You can also contact us through the McDonald’s app by going to the ‘More’ tab, selecting ‘Customer Service’ and using the ‘McDonald’s Virtual Assistant’ located at the bottom right of the page. You can also write to us at: McDonald's Restaurants Limited, Customer Services, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW.
29. About McDonald’s. McDonald’s Restaurants Limited (company number 1002769) whose headquarters are at 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW.