McDonald’s Pokémon Happy Meal® Prize Draw 2023 Terms and Conditions
These are the rules for the McDonald’s Pokémon Happy Meal® Prize Draw 2023 (the “Promotion”) (the “Rules”):
1. The Promotion is promoted by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules. All communications relating to the Promotion should be addressed to the promotion address as follows: McDonald's Pokémon Happy Meal® 2023 Prize Draw , 11-59 High Street, London N2 8AW.
2. The Promotion is open to entries from UK residents (including Northern Ireland) aged 18 and over.
3. The following are not eligible to participate:
(a) employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
(b) employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
(c) other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion; and/or
(d) any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
4. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
(a) be a UK resident (including Northern Ireland);
(b) be 18 years old or over;
(c) have opted-in to receive McDonald’s newsletter emails
(d) be the recipient of a McDonald’s newsletter email dated 24 August 2023 which will, at McDonald's sole discretion, include a link to allow the recipient to enter the Promotion (a “Qualifying Newsletter”);
(e) enter the draw by clicking the relevant link in the Qualifying Newsletter; and
(f) comply with any other eligibility and entry requirements set out in the Qualifying Newsletter (if any) and these Rules.
5. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. An eligible entrant may only enter the prize draw once and can only win one prize.
6. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for:
(a) proof of identity, address and/or age; and
(b) evidence of compliance with these Rules.
7. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes to any entrant's email address.
8. The Promotion opens at 11:00 on 24th August 2023 and closes at 23:59 on 7th September 2023 (the "Closing Date").
9. Entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Closing Date to be entered into the draw. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
10. The winners will be selected within 24 hours of the Closing Date.
11. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received by the Closing Date for the draw. The draw will be made from all valid entries via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw.
12. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable. McDonald's may substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes.
13. The Promotion consists of 20 prizes and there will be 20 individual winners. Each prize will have its own draw and each winner will win 1x £25 One4all Favourites e-gift card ("Gift Card") to be used at participating retailers. The Gift Card must be spent within 18 months of activation of the same. Following such 18 month period, a monthly charge of 90p will apply to the Gift Card value. Each Gift Card is subject to One4all Favourites UK gift card terms and conditions here: https://www.one4all.com/favourites-tcs.
Prize Claim Notification
14. McDonald’s will contact the winners within 30 days of the Closing Date by email to the same address that the Qualifying Newsletter was sent to each relevant winner, requiring each winner to respond by email to confirm that winner's UK (including Northern Ireland) residential address or email address (as relevant) to which the prize is to be sent, together with any other information and/or documents which McDonald's requests.
15. Following receipt from each winner of their acceptance of the prize and all requested information by the required deadline in clause 14 (or if none, by no later than 7 days after the date of McDonald's initial notification to the winner) and in the required manner, McDonald's shall within 30 days send the prize to the winner by post (as determined by McDonald’s) or to the email address registered for the winner (as relevant for the prize awarded).
16. In the event that a winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize or provide the required information to McDonald's within the period stated in clause 15, McDonald's may use its discretion to select an alternative winner(s) to be chosen by the same random process from the remaining valid entries.
17. Prizes will be awarded for the draw only on verification by McDonald's that the relevant entrant has complied with the Rules.
18. Please note that no association is to be implied by this Promotion, the prize-pool or any arrangements in relation to fulfilment of the prize between McDonald’s and One4all.
19. All entries and any related material must be free from sexist, racist, defamatory, obscene, anti-religious, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent, sexual or otherwise unacceptable content in the sole opinion of McDonald’s. McDonald’s reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
20. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
21. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
22. No responsibility will be accepted by McDonald’s for incomplete, invalid or illegible entries and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s.
23. Failure of a winner to follow the deadlines and other instructions of McDonald's at any stage of the Promotion and prize fulfilment process (whether or not communicated via an agent) may result (in McDonald's sole discretion) in the prize being withheld and the winner's claim being judged void for all purposes.
24. In the event that any winning entry later proves to be invalid or deemed void then McDonald’s may re-award the relevant prize as it sees fit (but shall not be obliged to do so); specifically, the drawing of one or more reserve entries for any draw shall not of itself imply any obligation for McDonald’s to award a prize to a reserve entry should a winning entry become invalid or deemed void.
25. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
26. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; or (iv) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules). Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
27. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the relevant link in the Qualifying Newsletter and or its website(s) or the My McDonald's App; numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of any of the same. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
29. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk to obtain the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
30. Subject to clauses 28 and 29 and without prejudice to McDonald's data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald's shall make available, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new, the winner(s) surname and county or such other information McDonald's deems necessary.
31. Entrants to the Promotion shall, at or before the time of entry, have the right to object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with clause 30. Entrants can object by contacting our Customer Services team at: https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new.
32. Without prejudice to clauses 30 and 31, McDonald's shall provide the information set out in clause 30 upon request from the Advertising Standards Authority.
33. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.