McDonald’s RMHC Water Bottle Golden Ticket Promotion (UK) – Terms and Conditions
The RMHC Water Bottle Golden Ticket promotion (the “Promotion”) is promoted at a Selected McDonald’s Restaurant (as defined below) in the UK by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW, UK (“McDonald’s”). The Promotion is subject to these terms and conditions (the “Rules”). By participating in the Promotion (or any part of it), each participant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
1. The Promotion consists of eight (8) golden tickets contained within randomly selected Ronald McDonald House Charities charity water bottles (“Water Bottle”) at a McDonald’s restaurant in Speke Retail Park (the “Selected McDonald’s Restaurant”).
2. There shall be eight (8) instant winners at the Selected McDonald’s Restaurant, who shall, upon finding a golden ticket within a Water Bottle (“Winners”), win a Water Bottle signed by a high-profile footballer (the “Prize”).
3. This Promotion shall begin on 11 am Monday 09th October 2023 and end on 23:59 pm Thursday 23rd October 2023 (the “Last Entry Date”), together (the “Promotion Period”).
4. By entering this Promotion, you acknowledge and agree that you meet all of the eligibility criteria set out at paragraph 2 of these Rules.
5. To be eligible to win a Prize you must:
a. Purchase a Water Bottle at a Selected McDonald’s Restaurant and find a golden ticket;
b. not be an employee of McDonald’s during the Promotion Period;
c. be 16 years old or older during the Promotion Period; and
d. comply with all elements of these Rules.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU WIN:
6. Upon finding a golden ticket within a Water Bottle, the Winner must collect the Prize from a McDonald’s employee at the counter at the Selected Restaurant.
7. Provided the Winner meets the eligibility criteria set out in paragraph 2 of these Rules, the Winner will be provided with an additional Water Bottle signed by a high-profile footballer.
8. If the Winner does not meet the eligibility criteria set out in paragraph 2 of these Rules, they will forfeit the Prize and McDonald’s may, in its sole discretion, place the golden ticket into another Water Bottle to give other eligible entrants the chance to win the Prize.
9. The Winner must collect the Prize within the Selected Restaurant upon finding a golden ticket.
10. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or age.
11. Failure of a Winner to follow the deadlines and other instructions of McDonald's or its affiliates at any stage of the Promotion and prize fulfilment process (whether or not communicated via an agent) may result (in McDonald's sole discretion) in the applicable Prize being withheld.
12. McDonald’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. There is no cash alternative (in whole or in part) and the Prizes in this Promotion are not transferable. McDonald’s reserves the right to provide (in the place of any of the Prizes) an alternative prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
14. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion (or any part of it) if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
15. Participation in the Promotion is at the entrant's sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise), McDonald's, its affiliates, agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for:
a. the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration;
b. (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise;
c. (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize;
d. any damage, losses, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered (or claimed to be suffered) by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the acceptance and/or use of a prize; or
e. any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which a winner may be required to pay in connection with a prize, save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in these Rules.
Nothing in these Rules will limit McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect your statutory rights.
16. McDonald's will process all personal data in accordance with our privacy statement www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/privacy-policy.html. Winner details may be passed onto a third-party for prize fulfilment purposes. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described in these Rules.
17. McDonald's shall, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team within 60 days of the Last Entry Date, make available the surname and county of the winners. McDonald’s reserves the right to refuse such requests. Entrants may request their surname and county is not published in the event they win by emailing our Customer Services team before the Last Entry Date. Notwithstanding any such request, the Promoter shall provide the surname and county of the winners to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
18. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.