McDonald’s Smurfs Happy Meal® Prize Draw 2022 Promotion Terms and Conditions
These are the rules for the McDonald’s Smurfs Happy Meal® Prize Draw 2022 (the “Promotion”) (the “Rules”):
1. The Promotion is promoted by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”) and is subject to these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK who are aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
3. The following are not eligible to participate:
a. employees of McDonald's, McDonald's franchisees and employees of McDonald's franchisees and their immediate families;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion; and
d. any person entering via an agent or using the services of, or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
4. The Promotion opens at 11:30am on 7th September 2022 and closes at 23:59pm on 21st September 2022 (the "Closing Date"). Entries must be received by McDonald’s by no later than the Closing Date to be entered into the draw. Entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
5. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
a. be the recipient of a McDonald’s newsletter email, to be sent on 7th September 2022 only to selected existing subscribers to McDonald’s newsletter-emails, and which (at McDonald’s sole discretion) includes an invitation to the recipient to enter the Promotion (a “Qualifying Newsletter”);
b. enter the draw by clicking the relevant link in the Qualifying Newsletter; and
c. comply with any other eligibility and entry requirements set out in the Qualifying Newsletter (if any) and these Rules.
6 . The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. There is a limit of one entry per Qualifying Newsletter.
7. There will be 20 winners. Each winner will win one £25 e-Voucher to use at Hobbycraft. The e-Voucher can be spent in any of the Hobbycraft stores in the UK or at the Hobbycraft website (https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk). Use of the e-Voucher is subject to Hobbycraft’s terms and conditions which can be found at Hobbycraft E-Voucher Terms.
8. McDonald’s reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age and/or compliance with these Rules.
9. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
10. The winners will be selected within 24 hours of the Closing Date.
11. The winners will be selected at random, via a computer programme producing a verifiably random draw, from all valid entries received by the Closing Date.
12. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable. McDonald's may substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes.
13. Within 30 days of the Closing Date, McDonald’s shall email the prize to each winner using the email address to which the corresponding Qualifying Newsletter was sent. Winners will not be notified in advance. McDonald’s is not responsible for changes to any entrant's e-mail address.
14. Hobbycraft is not a sponsosr of this Promotion and no association is to be implied by this Promotion, the prize-pool or any arrangements in relation to fulfilment of the prize between McDonald’s, Hobbycraft, Peyo or I.M.P.S (Brussels) (licence holder for the Smurfs brand).
15. All entries and any related material must be free from sexist, racist, defamatory, obscene, anti-religious, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent, sexual or otherwise unacceptable content in the sole opinion of McDonald’s. McDonald’s reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which it reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
16. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
17. McDonald’s reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control. McDonald’s shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
18. No responsibility will be accepted by McDonald’s for incomplete, invalid or illegible entries and these will be declared void in the sole discretion of McDonald’s.
19. Failure of a winner to follow the Rules (including any deadlines therein) and other instructions of McDonald’s at any stage of the Promotion and prize fulfilment process (whether or not communicated via an agent) may result (in McDonald’s sole discretion) in the prize being withheld and that winner’s claim being deemed void for all purposes.
20. In the event that any winning entry later proves to be invalid or deemed void then McDonald’s may re-award the relevant prize as it sees fit (but shall not be obliged to do so); specifically, the drawing of one or more reserve entries for any draw shall not of itself imply any obligation for McDonald’s to award a prize to a reserve entry should a winning entry become invalid or deemed void.
21. If using a computer and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
22. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of any prize description or illustration; (ii) (where applicable) the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; or (iv) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules). Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect entrants' statutory rights.
23. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the relevant link in the Qualifying Newsletter, its website(s) or the McDonald's app; numerous factors outside the control of McDonald’s may interfere with the operation of any of the same. No responsibility will be accepted for any technical or other difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
24. McDonald's will process all personal data in accordance with McDonald's Privacy Statement, in particular McDonald's: (i) will not collect more of an entrant's personal information than needed for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion (including carrying out security checks as stated) and for posting features on its website which are informed by one or more entry-submissions; and (ii) will only use an entrant's personal information for those purposes (and such use may include transferring an entrant's personal information to McDonald's respective associates (e.g. Armadillo) and / or any third-party fulfilment company on behalf of McDonald's behalf for the purposes of distributing the prizes for McDonald's promotions). McDonald's retain entrants' data for 28 days and any data of the winners for a maximum of three months. In addition to the foregoing, McDonald's may process further information relating to entrants to the extent they separately receive communications from McDonalds and / or have opted in receiving marketing messages (in which case personal data will be sent to McDonald's third party providers such as Armadillo for sending newsletters). Any such processing shall be in accordance with McDonald's Privacy Statement.
25. Any enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number which is notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk to obtain the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
26. Subject to clause 27 and without prejudice to McDonald's data protection obligations under relevant law, McDonald's shall make available, upon receipt of a written request to our Customer Services team at https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new, the winner(s) surname and county or such other information McDonald's deems necessary.
27. Entrants to the Promotion shall, at or before the time of entry, have the right to object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with clause 26. Entrants can object by contacting our Customer Services team at: https://customerservices.mcdonalds.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new.
28. Notwithstanding clause 27, McDonald's shall provide the information set out in clause 26 upon request from the Advertising Standards Authority.
29. Unless stated otherwise in these Rules, all communications relating to the Promotion should be addressed to: Happy Meal 2022 Prize Draw, 11-59 High Street, London N2 8AW.
30. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England but is subject to the mandatory local law protections for consumers, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.