How to use McDonald's app
Adding available deals to your order
- Deals for discounts or free items must be added to your order before you confirm it.
- To add a deal find those you are eligible for on the deals screen, choose the one you would like to use and add it to your order.
- Deals are not discounted in the basket. If you don't add the deal to your order you will pay full price for the item.
Currently not available error messages
- Our app checks many of our systems to give you correct pricing and availability of products. Currently unavailable messages can be cleared by reloading the screen.
- On Android phones it is sometimes necessary to clear the My McDonald's cache on your phone. You do this from your phones settings page.
- Browse our menu. Add to your order, choose your portion size and customise individual items.
- If you want to use one of the deals available on McDonald’s app makes sure you select the one you want from the deals page. You must add it to your order. If you don't add the deal to your order you will pay full price for the item. Once complete choose which payment card you'd like to use when you arrive at the restaurant.
- Confirm your order and make your way to the restaurant.
- Confirm that you've arrived with the phone used to place the order.
- Choose the collection method you’d like to use.
- If asked for your 3 digit CVV/CVC number or to confirm the payment in your banking app. This request is from your bank and is to protect your account. You will need to enter this to place your order.
Can I order on my phone and send the details to someone else to collect
- No, this is not possible. The phone used to order the meal needs to be the one that you have with you to collect the order
- Until you are at the restaurant with the phone used to place the order you have not paid. This means we will not have started preparing your order
- A screen shot or message showing an order number will not allow you to collect the order. You will need the phone the order was created with as there is still more to do when you arrive
- Until the order is paid for, the restaurant will have no record of it. Your order only exists on the phone used to place the order
- You can customise many of the items on our menu using the button under the picture of the item. Most ingredients can be removed if not to your taste, some ingredients can be added.
- Important: Having removed ingredients we cannot guarantee it will be allergen free, even after ingredients have been removed on request. This is important if you have food intolerance or allergies.
- Any time you see a star next to an item you can favourite it
- Favourites can be marked from you recent orders list. You can create favourites from any previous order.
- Favourites are useful to save your customisation. Using favourites means you'll never miss out on that extra egg or forget to remove those gherkins.
Setting up a payment card
- We ask you to add a card when placing your first order.
- Once added the card gets stored with our banking partner, not McDonald's.
- We do not charge this card until you reach the restaurant and let us know how you will be collecting your order.
Arriving at a restaurant
- If you are collecting from Drive Thru please read the Drive Thru FAQ’s below
- When you get close to the restaurant, we will recognise this. We will ask you to pay and let us know how you want to collect your order. Close means 50-100 metres.
- If you've arrived and our app has not recognised try clicking the “I'm here” button.
- There are many reasons why this may not happen, for example if mobile signal is bad or you are inside a shopping centre that interferes with GPS signals.
- Where mobile signal is bad connecting to the free McDonald's WiFi can help. When connected make sure you can load a web page or open and refresh an app and try using the “I'm here” button again.
Paying for your order
- We only take payment once you’ve selected your collection method, not before.
- Only once you have paid will we give you an order number, we only start to prepare your food once you’ve paid.
Preparing your order
- We start preparing your order only once you’ve paid on arrival at a restaurant.
- At McDonald’s we pride ourselves on fast, delicious food. We know you expect this from us too. Many of you who use McDonald’s app order before getting to the restaurant. If we prepared your order before you arrived, it would be cold by the time you picked it up.
Order confirmation and numbers to look out for
- Once you have paid our app will show you your order number to watch out for on the screen.
- If you've chosen Table Service we'll confirm the table number you told us you are sitting at.
- We'll also email your registered email address an itemised receipt. This includes your order number.
- Until you have this number you have not paid and we don't have your order to prepare.
Receipts and VAT numbers
- We email you a receipt that includes all details required for VAT purposes
- The receipt we email itemises your order. It includes the date and time you paid along with the collection number given at the time
Checking to make sure you have everything as expected
- You'll be able to access from the home screen of McDonald’s app the itemisation of your most recent order. It will be here for a few minutes after your food was served
- You can recall all previous orders made on the McDonald's app from the recent tab at the bottom of the screen
- We also send to your registered email address a copy of your receipt
Adding payment cards
- We ask you to add a card when placing your first order.
- Once added the card gets stored with our banking partner, not McDonald's.
- We do not charge this card until you reach the restaurant and let us know how you will be collecting your order.
Does McDonald’s accept Apple Pay and Google Pay?
- Yes, we accept both payment methods to ensure we are providing the best payments journey for our customers.
When are you charged for your order
- We only take payment once you are at the restaurant and have selected your collection method, not before.
- Having selected how you want to collect your order we will now charge the card you selected. Only now will we start preparing your meal.
- Once you’ve paid McDonald’s app will show you your collection number or table number you’ve said you are sitting at.
Have I paid twice?
- In the unlikely circumstance you're charged twice, please contact our customer service team who’ll be able to assist. The best way to contact us is to use the customer service link in the more menu of McDonald's app
- You can confirm recent orders you have paid for in your Recent Orders list. You will find this in the Recent tab menu of McDonald's app
- To help speed up the investigation and any refund due. Please provide when asked the following information. You'll find this on the receipt we email to your registered address
- The restaurant name
- The order number
- Date and time the orders were charged
UK law: using a phone whilst driving
- You must ensure that you obey all UK driving laws when using McDonald’s app
- As you’re not allowed to use your phone whilst driving, you should:
· Build your order before you leave for the restaurant, or
· Have a passenger place the order to collect when you arrive
- If you are travelling alone in your vehicle, please ensure that you pull over to a suitable, safe place, stop and switch off your engine before using McDonald’s app
- When collecting at Drive Thru there is no need for you to touch your phone. At the order post please let us know you have a McDonald’s app order to collect, give us your name and we’ll do the rest
Collecting from Drive Thru
- You will now be able to collect your first and subsequent orders from Drive Thru. You no longer need to collect this first order from in store.
- On arrival at the order point please let us know you have an app order, give your name and order number.
- We will be able to recall your order, confirm the detail and process payment. There is no need for you to touch your phone.
Managing your payment cards
Adding and removing payment cards
- We ask you to add a card when placing your first order. We ask for the long card number from the front of the card. The name as it appears on the front of the card, its expiry date and 3 digit CVV / CVC from the back
- Once added the card gets stored with our banking partner, not McDonald's
- You can add a second card to your account from the More menu > Profile > Payment methods
- You can remove a registered card by swiping left on the card number you want to remove
- Cards registered in Apple Pay are managed in your phone settings
Trouble paying for your order
- If you see trouble with your payment or your account blocked messages. These usually get fixed by our customer service team. The best way to contact customer service is to use the customer service link in the more menu of McDonald's App
- We do not charge your saved card until you reach the restaurant. Before we ask for payment you need to let us know how you will be collecting your order.
Managing your account, user name and password
- Your password can be changed at any time, we recommend that you do this every few months.
- To change your password go to More menu > Profile > Personal Settings > Change Password
- Currently we do not support pasting password into password fields. This means that your password need typing into the field
- We ask for your postcode so that we can send you offers personalised based on your location
- To change your postcode go to More menu > Profile > Personal Settings > Change Postcode
- Social registration and log in is the quickest way to start using McDonald’s App
- If you register with your social identity and get a username already in use message. You must first delete your original account. To do this log in with your email and password and navigate to More menu > Profile > Delete account
- If you need to change the password of your social identity do this on the Facebook or Google apps
Deleting your account
- To delete your account go to More menu > Profile > Delete account
- Deleting your account will remove all your details from our systems. This follows the terms and conditions agreed when you first signed up
- Deleting your account will remove any loyalty rewards and stamps. These are not recoverable once you delete your account
Email and push messages from McDonald's App – contact preferences
- You can manage the communications you receive from McDonald’s. Set your preferences in the More menu > Profile > Communications section
When and How McDonald's prepare your order
What you need to do when arriving at a restaurant
- When you get close (within 100m) to your chosen restaurant McDonald’s App will recognise this. We now ask you to select a collection method for your order.
- Having paid McDonald’s app will now confirm you’re order or table number. Your order will be with you shortly.
I'm at the McDonald's restaurant but the app says I'm not what can I do
- Clicking the I'm here button will connect McDonald's App to our restaurant, you can now continue
- McDonald’s app relies on both mobile signal and GPS, where mobile signal is bad or you are inside a shopping centre you may need to click the I’m here button.
- If the area you’re in suffers from poor mobile reception you may need to connect to McDonald’s free WiFi to continue
Paying so we can start preparing your order
- We will only start preparing your order once you’ve paid. We know when you get close to the restaurant (within 100m) and ask for you to complete and pay for your order
- This means the food is prepared on your arrival (and not sitting waiting for you getting cold!)
What you'll receive once you've paid
- Once you’ve let us know how you’d like to collect your order and paid McDonald’s app shows you your order or table number. We’ll also email you a copy of your receipt
Ordering McDelivery using McDonald’s app
Contact Uber Eats
- Contact Uber Eats customer support on 0800 088 5663 for help with your McDelivery order.
Our McDelivery rollout timeline
- McDelivery is being rolled out across all our restaurants during February and March. If you receive a McDelivery is unavailable message during your order, please bear with us whilst we complete the rollout to our restaurants near you
AMEX Payment Cards
- We are currently not taking AMEX cards for McDelivery orders
How to order McDelivery using the McDonald’s App?
- Select ‘Order’ from the bottom menu bar, here you can switch from ‘Pickup’ to ‘McDelivery’.
- Enter your address, we’ll check we can deliver to you.
- Once confirmed start creating your order from our menu or your saved favourites.
- When done checkout in the App.
How do I know if delivery is available at my address?
- We've partnered with Uber Eats for McDelivery. When you select McDelivery we ask you to enter your address so that we can confirm we can deliver to you.
- If McDelivery is not available at your address, you will be notified at this point. You can choose to continue your order for collection.
Why does it say ‘powered by Uber Eats’?
- McDonald’s has partnered with Uber Eats to deliver food to you. Uber Eats provides the delivery service to your address.
What can I order for delivery?
- Menu items will vary by location. To see what is available to your McDelivery location, select McDelivery in the McDonald’s App, enter your address, and view items by selecting ‘Order’ on the bottom menu bar.
Can I use my deal and offer when ordering for delivery?
- Unfortunately, at present deals are not available for McDelivery. Deals are still eligible for Mobile Order & Pay or by scanning at a participating restaurant.
Changing items I've ordered?
- Unfortunately, as your order is passed immediately to the restaurant we cannot change an order once it is placed.
Cancelling my order?
- Your order is passed immediately to the restaurant and so it is not possible to cancel your order.
Contacting your courier?
- There may be situations where you want to contact your courier. From the home screen, click “Track Order” and then click the Help link on the tracking screen to contact your courier.
- Keep in mind that your courier may be driving and may not be able to answer the phone right away. In addition, your courier is also able to contact you if he or she is unable to easily find your delivery address.
Changing my delivery address?
- You can change the delivery address for your order if you are able to successfully contact your courier and if your courier is willing to deliver to the new address.
- To change delivery address, please contact your courier directly via the My McDonald’s App. If your courier does not answer, contact Uber Eats customer service on 0800 088 5663.
- The new address must be within the delivery area of the restaurant your order was placed. If the new address is not in the same delivery area the courier may not be able to deliver to your new address and your order may be cancelled and you will be charged the full amount.
- You can choose to keep the original address if it is not possible to deliver to the new one.
Checking the status of my delivery order?
- Please keep an eye on when your food is coming!
- You can see the up-to-date status of your delivery order
- Further details of your order are available by tapping “Track Order”.
My order is taking longer than expected
- McDonald’s and Uber Eats couriers work hard to deliver within estimated times.
- We ask you to allow an extra 15 minutes to account for unexpected traffic, road conditions and delays.
- Whilst waiting you can check the status of your order in the My McDonald’s App. You can also contact your courier from there (see “Contacting your Courier” above).
- Where your order is more than 15 minutes past the expected latest arrival time please call Uber Eats customer support on 0800 088 5663.
- For any issues using your McDonald’s account, or problems with your method of payment, please click on App Tech Support in the McDonald’s App, under the More Tab
What is MyMcDonald’s Rewards?
MyMcDonald’s Rewards is the brand-new McDonald’s UK customer loyalty scheme, exclusively available with the McDonald’s app. With MyMcDonald’s Rewards you earn 1 point for every penny you spend on our menu items at participating restaurants and can unlock free rewards. Alternatively, if you don’t fancy one of our food or drink products as a reward, you can even donate the value of your rewards points to one of our partner charities
Learn more about the program and what restaurants are currently participating on the MyMcDonald’s Rewards page and download the McDonald’s app.
How can I join MyMcDonald’s Rewards?
In order to join MyMcDonald’s Rewards download, register and sign into the McDonald’s app on the App Store or Google Play Store. Once registered you will be offered the option to opt-in to MyMcDonald’s Rewards.
Once you have accepted our MyMcDonald's Rewards terms and conditions you are ready to earn points and redeem rewards.
How do I earn MyMcDonald’s Rewards points?
Download, register and sign into the McDonald’s app and make sure you have opted into MyMcDonald’s Rewards.
Earning points is easy! You will earn 1 point for every penny you spend on our menu items when you order using the McDonald's app at participating restaurants. That includes through the Kiosk, Drive-thru, McDelivery® via our app and the front counter. The more points you have the better the Rewards!
Learn more on the MyMcDonald’s Rewards page and download the McDonald’s app on the App Store and Google Play Store.
How do I earn points if I order at the Kiosk, Drive-thru or Front Counter?
Simply open the McDonald’s app, access your one-time-code in the ‘Code’ section of your McDonald’s app and give your one-time code at Kiosk, Drive-thru or Front Counter in a participating restaurant before completing your order! Don’t worry if you don’t see your points straight away - it can take up to 30 minutes for them to show up after you place your order. Learn more here!
How Much Are Points Worth?
For every penny you spend on eligible products at a participating restaurant, you will receive 1 point. You can start redeeming your MyMcDonald's Rewards when you have 1500 points. Points add up fast and you can earn even more if you look out for bonus offers to boost your balance. To see what you can redeem for your points, take a look at our reward tiers.
What rewards can I use my points for?
Once you reach 1,500 points you can redeem your first reward!
At 1500 points, you can get small fries, side salad, regular McCafé®, mini McFlurry®, a hash brown or donate £1.50 to one of our partner charities. What will you redeem your points on?
For 2500 points, take your pick between a Vegetable Deluxe, Bacon Mayo Chicken, Cheesy Bacon Flatbread, medium Fries, Double Cheeseburger or donate £2.50 to one of our partner charities!
Or why not save up your points for a Big Mac®, Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin®, Large Crispy Chicken Salad, 6 Chicken McNuggets®, McChicken® Sandwich or donate £4.00 to one of our partner charities.
Visit the Rewards & Offers section on the McDonald’s app to choose your reward.
How Do I Redeem Points for Rewards?
If you have enough points for a reward, the reward will be unlocked in the Rewards Menu. You can redeem your reward at a participating restaurant at the Kiosk, Drive-Thru, Front-Counter, McDelivery® via the McDonald's app or orders made on your McDonald's app.
How can I earn points and redeem rewards at the Kiosk?
Earning points and redeeming rewards with MyMcDonald’s Rewards is easy. To earn points, simply go to the ‘Code’ section on the bottom right of your McDonald’s app and enter your one-time code at the kiosk in a participating restaurant before completing your order.
If you would like to redeem a reward, simply log into a digital kiosk in a participating restaurant using your McDonald's app and select your reward from the Rewards Menu on the kiosk and complete your order. Alternatively, you can select your chosen reward on the McDonald’s app and choose ‘Add to your code’ and enter this code on the kiosk to redeem your reward.
How can I earn points and redeem rewards at the Drive-thru?
Please ensure you are safely parked with your engine switched off before opening and using the McDonald's app.
Earning points and redeeming rewards with MyMcDonald’s Rewards is easy. To earn points, simply go to the ‘Code’ section on the bottom right of your McDonald’s app and tell our crew members your one-time code during your order at the Drive-thru at a participating restaurant.
If you would like to redeem a reward, select your reward from the Rewards Menu in the McDonald’s app and choose ‘Add to your code’ and tell our crew members your one-time code during your order at the Drive-thru at a participating restaurant.
How can I earn points and redeem rewards at the Front-Counter?
Earning points and redeeming rewards with MyMcDonald’s Rewards is easy. Simply go to the ‘Code’ section on the bottom right of your McDonald’s app and tell our crew members this one-time code during your order at a participating restaurant, to earn points.
If you would like to redeem a reward, select your reward from the Rewards Menu in the McDonald’s app, choose ‘Add to your code’ and tell our crew members this one-time code before completing your order at a participating restaurant.
How can I earn points and redeem rewards when I order on the McDonald’s app?
You are automatically earning points when you place a mobile order at a participating restaurant, using your McDonald’s app.
If you would like to redeem a reward, head to the Rewards and Offers section of the McDonald’s app. Then simply select your reward from the Rewards Menu and press ‘Add to mobile order’ (for pickup orders) or ‘Add to McDelivery® order’ (for delivery orders using our app) before placing your order at a participating restaurant.
How can I earn points and redeem rewards with McDelivery® via the McDonald's app?
You are automatically earning points when you place a McDelivery® order, at a participating restaurant, using the McDonald’s app. Although points cannot be earned on any spend on bag tax, delivery fees, tips for delivery drivers or riders, charitable donations, loading money on a gift card and purchase of gift certificates and gift vouchers.
If you would like to redeem a reward, head to the Rewards and Offers section of the McDonald’s app. Then simply select your reward from the Rewards Menu and press ‘Add to McDelivery® order’ before placing your order at a participating restaurant.
Can I Redeem a Reward and Earn Points in the Same Order?
Yes! You will still earn 1 point for every penny you spend on menu items even if you’re redeeming a reward in the same transaction. If you’re ordering via Kiosk, Front-Counter or Drive-thru at a participating restaurant, you need to let us know your 4-digit code, which can be found in the ‘Code’ section of the McDonald’s app!
Check here to understand how you can earn points and redeem rewards at the Kiosk, Drive-thru, front-counter, McDelivery® via the McDonald's app or mobile orders made on your McDonald's app at participating restaurants.
What If I Forgot to Provide My Code?
Unfortunately, you need to use your code each time you place an order with us. But don’t worry, you can earn on your next order with us when using your Rewards account at a participating restaurant.
I Just Made a Purchase and My Points Aren’t There—Can You Help?
Of course, we’d be glad to help you. Points will normally appear instantly on the rewards page of the app, however in rare cases it could take up to 48 hours for points to appear - Please wait 48 hours before contacting us, as we cannot add points within 48 hours of your purchase.
Make sure you have provided us with your one-time code when ordering via Drive-Thru, Kiosk or Counter at a participating restaurant. If you have not used your MyMcDonald’s app or your code during your order you unfortunately won’t be able to earn points this time. But don’t worry, you can earn on your next order.
If after 48 hours you still don’t have points, here are the steps for you to contact us in the app:
- Select More at the bottom of the MyMcDonald's app screen
- Choose Customer Service
- Use the Virtual Assistant located at the bottom right of the page
- Select MyMcDonald's Rewards
- Enter your comments regarding your order, including your order number, order total value, and if there’s any reason you think you might be missing points .
Please do contact us within 30 days of your purchase as we are not able to investigate any missing points claims after that time.
What parts of my order can I earn points on?
You can earn points on your spend on food & drink items ordered at participating restaurants using the McDonald’s app provided that you identify your MyMcDonald’s Rewards account before you complete your purchase. You currently can’t earn points on bag tax, delivery fees, tips for delivery drivers or riders, charitable donations, loading money on a gift card, purchase of gift certificates and gift vouchers or orders made via third party delivery services (such as Just Eat, Uber Eats).
Can I earn points on McDelivery®?
Yes, you can earn points on McDelivery® but only if you order via the McDonald's app from a participating restaurant.
Unfortunately, you can’t earn points when ordering from third party delivery services. You can only earn points on your McDelivery® if you order via the McDonald’s app from a participating restaurant.
How can I verify my MyMcDonald’s Rewards points balance?
You can check your points balance on the top right of the Rewards & Offers section in your McDonald’s app.
What is a Bonus campaign?
From time to time, McDonald’s will, at its own discretion, offer Bonus campaigns where you can earn extra points on specific items or orders at participating restaurants.
Can the Rewards Menu change?
Yes, it can change. From time to time, you will be able to redeem promotional McCafé® drinks, which are available for a limited time at participating restaurants. Keep a look out on the rewards page of your McDonald’s app.
Do points expire?
Everything good has to come to an end. Your points will expire on the last day of the 12th month after you have earned them.
For example, if you earn points on the 1st of August 2022, you can redeem these points until the 30th of August 2023.
I Lost My Phone! Did I Lose My Points?
We’re sorry about your phone! Contact your service provider and once you have a new phone your MyMcDonald's Rewards should still be waiting for you when you log in to our app.
Where Are the Terms and Conditions?
You can access MyMcDonald's Rewards Terms and Conditions by visiting the MyMcDonald's Rewards Terms and Conditions Page.
Where can I find participating restaurants?
You can find a restaurant near you participating in MyMcDonald’s Rewards using our restaurant locator which is available here
How do I donate the value of my points to charity?
First, go to the ‘Rewards & Offers’ section on the McDonald’s app and choose from the Rewards Menu which one of our charity partners you’d like to donate your points value to – the equivalent value of points for donation purposes is £1.50 for 1500 points, £2.50 for 2500 points and £4 for 4000 points.
We may change or add partner charities from time to time. Our current charity partners are Ronald McDonald House Charities UK, FareShare and BBC Children in Need
Next tap ‘Add to bag’. Then just follow the normal checkout process to finalise the donation. Gift aid can’t be claimed on donations of points value.