REINDEER READY LIVE, THE ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS LIST AUGMENTED REALITY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS FILTER AND FESTIVE CARD FILTER RULES
Reindeer Ready Live, the Alternative Christmas List Augmented Reality Christmas Lights Filter (the AR Christmas Lights Filter) and The Alternative Christmas List Festive Card Filter (the Festive Card Filter) are run by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW (“McDonald’s”).
The following rules apply to your access to and use of Reindeer Ready Live, the AR Christmas Lights Filter and the Festive Card Filter (the “Rules”).
1. Reindeer Ready Live, the AR Christmas Lights Filter and the Festive Card Filter are available to residents in the UK and Republic of Ireland aged 18 and over at the time of access.
2. Reindeer Ready Live will be open from 00:01 on 17th December 2022 until 23:59 on 26th December 2022 (inclusive).
3. The Festive Card Filter will be open from 00:01 on 21 November 2022 until 23:59 on 27 November 2022.
4. The AR Christmas Lights Filter will be open from 00:01 on 12th December 2022 until 23:59 on 26th December 2022 (inclusive).
5. To participate in Reindeer Ready Live, the AR Christmas Lights Filter or the Festive Card Filter, you must:
a) confirm you are 18 years old or over and a UK or ROI resident at the time of access;
b) confirm you have accepted these Rules by clicking "GET STARTED" for Reindeer Ready Live or “Get Decorating!” for the AR Christmas Lights Filter or “TRY IT” for the Festive Card Filter;
c) confirm, where your photo includes a child under 18, you are the parent or guardian of the child or have the permission from the parent or guardian to feature them; and
d) upload or take a photograph ensuring you have followed these Rules.
DO’S AND DON'TS:
6. The photograph you take or upload to Reindeer Ready Live, the AR Christmas Lights Filter or the Festive Card Filter must not contain any of the following:
a) nudity or partial nudity;
b) hate or hate crimes;
c) violence or irresponsible behaviour e.g. anything unsafe, violent, dangerous to self/others;
d) offensive gestures or language;
e) drugs, drug paraphernalia, or drug use;
f) the appearance of being blank or broken;
g) overlaid text or memes – automatic moderation for photos submitted via the Reindeer Ready Live tool only;
h) children (unless you are the parent/guardian of the child featured or have consent from the child’s parent/guardian) – automatic moderation for photos submitted via the Reindeer Ready Live tool only;
i) racism, religious violence, damage to property etc;
k) excessive or large quantities of food and drink;
l) other brands ‘featured’ (i.e. being the focus of the image / purposely placed);
m) cartoons or animations ‘featured’ (i.e. being the focus of the image / purposely placed); and
n) anything that McDonald’s deems irresponsible or unacceptable at its discretion.
7. Once you have submitted your photograph, it will go through an automated moderation process. Whilst we try to assess any possible risks for users, you shall be solely liable for any claims, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind arising from the use of Reindeer Ready Live and/or the AR Christmas Lights Filter and/or the Festive Card Filter in contravention of these Rules, whether the service is moderated or not.
8. If your photograph fails under the ‘nudity or partial nudity’ prohibition it will automatically be rejected by the automated system. If your photograph fails under any of the prohibitions listed in points (b) – (h) above, your applicable Reindeer Ready Live video, AR Christmas Light Filter image and/or Festive Card Filter image will be disabled.
9. McDonald’s has the right to exclude photographs which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk the photograph may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
Rights to Use Reindeer Ready Live Video and Image from the AR Christmas Lights Filter and/or Festive Card Filter
10. By taking or uploading your photograph to Reindeer Ready Live or the Festive Card Filter, you grant McDonald's a right to use your photograph without charge until 29th January 2023 for the purposes of using and operating Reindeer Ready Live or the Festive Card Filter (as applicable) in accordance with our Privacy Statement https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions/reindeerready-hub-privacypolicy.html.
11. McDonald's grants you a right to use and share, without charge, the McDonald’s' Reindeer Ready Live video and hyperlink until 29th January 2023.
12. Videos generated by Reindeer Ready Live and images generated by the Festive Card Filter will be deleted by us on 29th January 2023. Images generated by the AR Christmas Lights Filter will be deleted by Darabase Limited (CRN: 11771633) (Darabase) once moderation of that image has been conducted. Darabase are appointed by McDonald’s to host the Festive Card Filter on https://darabe.se/reindeerready/ accessible through www.reindeerready.co.uk.
13. Once your Reindeer Ready Live video has been generated, you can copy and share the hyperlink to your Reindeer Ready Live video on social media. However, if the video fails any moderation checks or is subject to multiple complaints, McDonald's reserves the right to immediately disable the hyperlink to the video without notice to you.
14. You can copy and share the image created by you using the AR Christmas Lights Filter and the Festive Card Filter on social media. However, if the image fails any moderation checks or is subject to multiple complaints, McDonald's reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate.
15. Failure to comply with the Rules is a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use each of the Websites and may result in McDonald’s taking such action as it deems appropriate, which may include temporary or permanent withdrawal of your rights to use the Websites, take-down of the respective image, issue of a warning to you, legal proceedings against you as a result of the breach and disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
16. McDonald’s may change, stop or pause Reindeer Ready Live and/or the AR Christmas Lights Filter and/or the Festive Card Filter at any time if it considers it necessary to do so.
17. McDonald’s will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred. McDonald’s does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted site access.
18. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners, assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded, any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of Reindeer Ready Live and/or the AR Christmas Lights Filter and/or the Festive Card Filter; or (ii) any claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, charges or expenses of any kind arising out of or in connection with use of Reindeer Ready Live and/or the AR Christmas Lights Filter and/or the Festive Card Filter (whether the service is moderated or not).
19. Nothing in these Rules will limit McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. This does not affect a participant’s statutory rights.
20. In administering Reindeer Ready Live, the AR Christmas Lights Filter and the Festive Card Filter, McDonald's will process your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Statement at https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions/reindeerready-hub-privacypolicy.html.
21. These Rules and any dispute arising out of these Rules shall be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.