Reindeer Ready Website Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 11th November 2022
1. We (McDonald's Restaurants Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, company number 1002769, VAT number GB 371057172, with its registered office at 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW, UK) have created the sites at www.reindeerready.co.uk and https://darabe.se/reindeerready/ (together the “Websites”) for your personal entertainment, information and communication.
2. The terms and conditions set out below, and all relevant laws, apply to how you use each of the Websites. By accessing and continuing to use any of the Websites, you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use any of the Websites.
3. Your use of each of the Websites is governed by the McDonald’s UK general terms and conditions for its online services found at www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions.html (“General Terms”) and such General Terms are incorporated into these terms and conditions. The following additional terms shall also apply. In the event of any conflict between the General Terms and the following additional terms, the additional terms shall take priority.
4. The following McDonald's privacy statements for the UK and the Republic of Ireland apply to your use of each of the Websites, depending on where you reside (“General Privacy Statements”).
If you’re resident in the UK, the UK privacy statement applies:
If you’re resident in the Republic of Ireland, the Republic of Ireland privacy statement applies:
The General Privacy Statements above are supplemented by the Reindeer Ready Privacy Statement for each of the Websites:
5. The Websites are not intended to be used by, or targeted to, anyone under the age of 18 years old. You must be at least 18 years old to use each of the Websites. If you are under the age of 18, then you must immediately stop using the Websites.
6. You may, subject to paragraph 11, download one copy of the material contained in or displayed on the Websites and print off pages of the Websites for your own personal, non-commercial use, if: (a) you do not remove or alter any copyright or other notices contained in the material; and (b) your use is for lawful purposes only. Unless otherwise specified with regards to your Reindeer Ready Live videos, The Alternative Christmas List Augmented Reality Christmas Lights filter (the AR Christmas Lights Filter) and The Alternative Christmas List Festive Card Filter (the Festive Card Filter), you cannot use, copy, alter or share the content of either of the Websites or any part of them for public or commercial purposes without our written permission beforehand.
7. Each of the Websites and their respective content, functionality and design are protected in the UK and elsewhere in the world by copyrights, trade marks, designs, design rights and other intellectual property rights. Such intellectual property is either used by us under licence from a third party (another person or company) or owned by us or a member of the McDonald's Family. (By McDonald’s Family, we mean McDonald's Corporation and its subsidiaries, together with those who own McDonald’s franchises and certain selected companies (which are either our partners who carry out a service, such as providing the prizes for our promotions and offers, or agencies and suppliers who help us to meet orders more effectively, manage promotions and offers, provide technical help and support and carry out other services to support our marketing activities)). You can only use each of the Websites, or any part of their respective content, functionality or design, under these terms and conditions or in accordance with the respective text contained on the Websites or with our written permission, which you must obtain beforehand. We do not guarantee that your use will not infringe any third party rights.
8. Please note the limitations and exclusions of liability at paragraph 9 of the General Terms.
9. We and any other person or organisation involved in producing or delivering any of the Websites are not responsible for and shall not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damage to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of you accessing, using or browsing any of the Websites or downloading any content from any of the Websites.
10. We will treat any communication or material you send us via any of the Websites, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or graphics, as non-confidential and non-proprietary (i.e. not belonging to you) but we will operate in line with our privacy policies (www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions/reindeerready-hub-privacypolicy.html) relating to any personal information we receive from you. Anything you send us via any of the Websites will, depending on the terms of our privacy policies, become our exclusive property and we or other members of the McDonald's Family may use all or part of it at any time and for any purpose. Also, we are free to use any ideas, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to any of the Websites for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing and marketing products using that information.
11. The trade marks and logos displayed on any of the Websites include the registered and unregistered trade marks of the McDonald's Family and other businesses. Nothing in these terms and conditions may be interpreted as granting any licence or right to use any of these trade marks and logos without our written permission beforehand, or the written permission of any other owner of the trade marks. You must not use any of the trade marks or any other content on any of the Websites, except as set out in these terms and conditions.
12. We have not reviewed any sites linked to any of the Websites and are not responsible for and do not approve the content of any other websites linked to any of the Websites. If you link to any other websites, it is entirely at your own risk.
13. Separate terms and conditions apply to prize promotions featured on any of the Websites.
14. Your use of the Reindeer Ready Live video tool and/or the Festive Card Filter on www.reindeerready.co.uk and the AR Christmas Lights Filter on https://darabe.se/reindeerready/ is governed by the ‘Reindeer Ready Live and The Alternative Christmas List Augmented Reality Christmas Lights Filter and Festive Card Filter Rules’, which you will find on the Reindeer Ready Live page, the Festive Card Filter page and on the AR Christmas Lights Filter page.
15. Unless we say otherwise, each of the Websites relate to our business in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only. All information on the Websites is correct at the time of publication but can change without notice. The information on the Websites is not intended to be legally binding and you should not consider it as a representation on any matter. Some restaurants do not sell or stock all products. A product may vary, depending on the ingredients used, the supplier, and the region of the country and the season of the year. As a result, the products described on any of the Websites may not be identical to the product served or provided in a particular restaurant.
16. We may update these terms and conditions at any time and at our sole discretion. If we make material changes to these terms and conditions, we will notify you by any reasonable means such as by posting the new terms and conditions via the Websites. If you do not agree to the amended terms and conditions, then you must immediately stop using each of the Websites.
17. Subject to any mandatory local law protections for consumers, the governing law and jurisdiction provisions of paragraph 11 of the General Terms apply.