McDonald’s Community Shield 2019 Signed Merchandise Promotion Terms and Conditions
1. These promotional rules (the "Rules") apply to the McDonald’s Community Shield 2019 Signed Merchandise Promotion (the “Promotion”) administered by McDonald's Restaurants Limited ("McDonald's") via the McDonald’s football-themed website, http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/funfootball
2. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
3. To the extent McDonald's deems it appropriate, McDonald's shall be entitled to treat any of its rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of McDonald's and one or more of agencies and commercial partners (including without limit the Football Association Limited).
4. To enter the Promotion each entrant must, at the time of entry, be 18 years old or over, a IE resident, and compliant with any other eligibility requirements in the Rules.
5. The following are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
a. employees of McDonald’s, McDonald’s franchisees and employees of McDonald’s franchisees;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or professionally connected with it;
d. any person not being an individual natural person;
e. any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; or
f. any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
LENGTH OF PROMOTION
6. The Promotion starts at 9.00am BST on Monday 19th August 2019 and closes at 23:59 BST on Sunday 13th October 2019 (the "Closing Date"). Entries received after the closing date will be void.
HOW TO ENTER
7. All entries must comply with the entry criteria set out in the Rules and in the accompanying promotional material ("Entry Criteria"), including, without limitation point 8-12 below:
8. To enter, entrants must truthfully and correctly complete the online entry form at the Site and submit it in accordance with the form's instructions by the Closing Date.
9. Incomplete, invalid or illegible entries will be declared void by McDonald's.
10. There is one (1) entry per person, per draw. You may enter one or both of the two prize draws. The Liverpool F.C. signed merchandise prize draw will be drawn first. If you have entered one draws and are not selected as a winner for the Liverpool F.C. signed merchandise prize draw your entry will still be valid for the Manchester City F.C. signed merchandise draw. If you have entered each draw, and win a prize on the Liverpool F.C. draw you are ineligible for the Manchester City F.C. draw as the Promotion is limited to one prize per person.
11. If using a computer and/or internet-access not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering.
12. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
CONDUCT OF PROMOTION
13. All valid entries received during the Promotion will be collected together and sorted into the draws for each prize as selected by entrants.
14. The entries will be drawn at random under independent supervision via a computer programme producing a verifiably random result.
15. Reserves may also be drawn (provided that this shall not imply any obligation upon McDonald’s to re-award any prize-claim that has lapsed or become void for any reason).
16. McDonald's may require additional information to verify an entry, a winner claim and to check an entrant’s compliance with the Rules. Prizes may be withheld until McDonald's is satisfied with the verification.
17. Entry to a Promotion amounts to acceptance of the Rules and to their interpretation under English law and by the English courts.
18. Nothing in the Rules shall affect any entrant's statutory rights. All decisions of McDonald’s for this Promotion will be final. McDonald's may (in its sole discretion) save decline to enter into any correspondence as otherwise stated in the Rules. McDonald’s shall not be obliged to contact unsuccessful entrants.
19. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude entries which, in its reasonable opinion, believes are fraudulent, based on misconduct, or it considers there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
PRIZE DESCRIPTION & CONDITIONS
20. A separate draw will take place for each of the following prize options in the order listed. Limit of 1 entry per person per prize draw, and limit of 1 prize per person per draw.
21. There is a total of two (4) prizes across the Promotion as follows (each a "prize"):
a. Two Liverpool F.C. squad signed replica shirts; or
b. Two Manchester City F.C. squad signed shirts.
22. Each prize shall be awarded through a separate prize draw. Draws will take place in the order listed above. Once an entrant is selected as a potential winner in one of the draws, its entry (if any) for any subsequent draws will be removed.
23. Limit of one prize per person for the length of the Promotion.
24. McDonald's reserves the right to change the specification advertised in the event that supervening circumstances make this necessary.
25. McDonald's may increase the Promotion prize pool, but shall not be obliged to.
26. Winners are solely responsible for organising (at their own cost) all necessary travel, accommodation, subsistence, insurance, travel permits/documentation and other necessary or desirable features to enable the taking or enjoyment of the prize.
27. Prizes may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative, are not transferable, divisible, or permitted to be sold or resold. Prizes cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity.
28. An anonymised winners’ list of prize winners may be obtained for up to 90 days after the closing date for entries by sending a signed hand-written request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope to McDonald's at the address below and McDonald’s may (in its discretion publish the same on its website. The winner understands that McDonald's may (but shall not be obliged to) contact the winner during the Promotion or for up to 90 days afterwards to provide the winner with the option (without obligation) of featuring in McDonald’s marketing (including on its website, in email-newsletters and/or on posters), in terms of the reproduction of the winner’s name, image, locality and/or prize-award details in relation to McDonald's, this Promotion and/or any other promotion or offer.
29. Un-awarded, unclaimed prizes or prizes subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, will lapse and may be re-awarded by McDonald's (but without obligation to do so).
30. McDonald's accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, website, network or server failure of any kind.
PRIZE CLAIM PROVISIONS
31. The potential prize winners will be notified by McDonald’s by e-mail and must confirm receipt of notification within 72 hours failing which, McDonald’s reserves the right to rule the entry and related prize-award invalid and to select another potential winner. Tickets details will be sent to the winners by email along with instructions on how to redeem the tickets.
32. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: where applicable, the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules); or (vi) any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering.
33. Prizes sourced by McDonald's from other suppliers shall remain property of those suppliers pending delivery to winners.
34. McDonald's may:
a. terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond McDonald's control; or
b. substitute prize for another prize deemed to be an appropriate and of equal or greater value.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud. This does not affect entrant's statutory rights.
37. Enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
The Promoter is: McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, (Reg. No. 1002769), 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THESE ADDRESSES.