1. These promotional rules (the “Rules”) apply to the McDonald’s 2018 FA Community Shield Player Escort promotion (the “Promotion”) administered by McDonald's Restaurants Limited ("McDonald's" or the “Promoter”) via the McDonald’s football-themed website, www.mcdonalds.co.uk/betterplay (the “Site”). By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules.
2. To the extent McDonald's deems it appropriate, McDonald's shall be entitled to treat any of its rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of McDonald's and one or more of agencies and commercial partners (including without limit the Football Association Limited).
3. To participate in the Promotion each entrant must be:
a. at the time of entry, be 18 years old or over;
b. the parent or legal guardian of a child aged between 7-11 (inclusive) at the time of the Match (defined below) (“Eligible Child”);
c. a IE resident; and
d. compliant with any other eligibility requirements in the Rules.
4. The following are not eligible to participate:
a. employees of McDonald’s, McDonald’s franchisees and McDonald’s franchisees employees;
b. employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
c. other persons assisting with this Promotion or professionally connected with it;
d. any person not being an individual natural person;
e. any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; or
f. any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
5. The Community Shield Match will be televised and official pictures of the players will be taken on the day. Due to the nature of the prize, entrants should only enter this Promotion if they are happy for the Eligible Child to be broadcast on television and included in official pictures used in on going promotional material. Entrants who do not agree to enter into waivers/clearances should not enter this Promotion. An entrant therefore agrees, on behalf of the Eligible Child, to enter into any waivers/clearances requested by McDonald's in relation to usage by McDonald's in its marketing (including on the Site and the relevant football association website) of any footage and photographs taken of the Eligible Child.
DURATION OF PROMOTION
6. The Promotion starts at 00:01 BST on Monday 2nd July 2018 and closes at 23:59 BST on Wednesday 11th July 2018 (the "Closing Date"). Entries received after the closing date will be void.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter, entrants must truthfully and correctly complete the online entry form at http://www.mcdonalds.com/ie/en-ie/football/campaign.html and submit it in accordance with the form's instructions by the Closing Date.
8. Incomplete, invalid or illegible entries will be declared void by McDonald's.
9. Only one entry per Eligible Child, per prize draw. Duplicate entries for the same Eligible Child will be regarded as void.
10. If using a computer and/or internet-access not owned or paid for by the entrant, the entrant is reminded to get the owner's permission before entering.
11. Entrants may enter their Eligible Child for both the Manchester City F.C. Player Escort prize draw and/or the Chelsea F.C. Player Escort prize draw. If the entrant wishes to enter more than one Eligible Child, the same contact details may be used for each.
12. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
CONDUCT OF PROMOTION
13. All valid entries received during the Promotion will be collected together and sorted into the draws for each prize as selected by entrants.
14. The entries will be drawn at random under independent supervision via a computer programme producing a verifiably random result.
15. A separate draw will take place for each of the following prize options in the order listed below. Limit of 1 entry per Eligible Child per prize draw, and limit of 1 prize per Eligible Child per Promotion. If you have entered both draws and are not selected as a winner for the Manchester City F.C. draw your entry will still be valid for the Chelsea F.C. draw. If you have entered both draws, and win a prize on the Manchester City F.C. draw you are ineligible for the Chelsea F.C. draw as the Promotion is limited to one prize per person.
16. Reserves may also be drawn (provided that this shall not imply any obligation upon McDonald’s to re-award any prize-claim that has lapsed or become void for any reason).
McDonald's may require additional information to verify an entry, eligibility, a winner claim and to check an entrant’s compliance with the Rules. Prizes may be withheld until McDonald's is satisfied with the verification.
17. Entry to a Promotion amounts to acceptance of the Rules and to their interpretation under English law and by the English courts.
18. Nothing in the Rules shall affect any entrant's statutory rights. All decisions of McDonald’s for this Promotion will be final. McDonald's may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in the Rules. McDonald’s shall not be obliged to contact unsuccessful entrants.
19. McDonald’s reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the entrant may bring the McDonald’s brand into disrepute.
PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS AND CONDITIONS
20. There are eight (8) Manchester City F.C. Player Escort Prizes and eight (8) Chelsea F.C. Player Escort Prizes as follows and will be drawn in the order below:
a. Draw 1 prize - Manchester City F.C. Player Escort Prize comprises the right for the Eligible Child to accompany a participating Manchester City F.C. player (who shall be solely determined by McDonald's) at the 2018 FA Community Shield match between Chelsea F.C. and Manchester City F.C. taking place at Wembley Stadium, London at on Sunday 5th August 2018 (the “Match”), and the right for the winner, plus two companions to attend the Match.
b. Draw 2 prize - Chelsea F.C. Player Escort Prize comprises the right for the Eligible Child to accompany a participating Chelsea F.C. player (who shall be solely determined by McDonald's) at the Match, and the right for the winner, plus two companions to attend that Match.
21. The prize includes official clothing for the Eligible Child comprising shorts and shirt but the Eligible Child MUST bring their own trainers to wear on the pitch which must not be studded. McDonald’s reserves the right to refuse entry to an Eligible Child with inappropriate footwear without compensation.
22. Use of tickets is subject to the standard FA terms and conditions of issue and winners must comply with these terms and conditions in order to take up their prize.
23. All prize winners and their companions shall comply with the ticket conditions of the relevant national football association/stadium responsible for hosting the relevant match; any person in violation will be refused entry to or expelled from the stadium with no right of compensation. Further details available upon request.
24. Prize winners and their companions (if applicable) are required to carry proof of identity (with valid photograph and signature) when entering a stadium and are required to comply with all applicable safety and security regulations of the stadium.
25. Details of each winner and winners companions may be submitted to the National Criminal Intelligence Service to search for a Football Banning Order (or other conviction considered by McDonald's to be inappropriate for the award of tickets). If a search provides a result, winner's may be deemed ineligible for the Promotion at McDonald's discretion (and without requirement for McDonald’s to serve notice) and all prizes (whether or not already awarded) and prize-claims of the winner may be declared invalid and deemed void from the outset for that winner and the winner's companion(s).
26. The entrant can claim a contribution towards travel to the Match paid by cheque addressed to the entrant and posted to the address registered upon entering within 21 days after the Match. The amount of such contribution shall be determined by McDonald's assessment (in its sole discretion) of the approximate road-distance between the said residential address and the Match venue as follows: under 50 miles - £30, under 100 miles - £50, under 150 miles - £100, under 250 miles - £150 and 250 miles or over - £200. Further details will be provided to the winner.
27. Additional tickets cannot be purchased in the same area as the one designated for the Eligible Child and their entrant parent/guardian to sit to watch the Match and may only be purchased via the general public sale (subject to availability).
28. McDonald’s reserves the right to verify the identity and age of a winner, Eligible Child and companions prior to awarding a prize.
29. McDonald's reserves the right to change the specification advertised in the event that supervening circumstances make this necessary.
30. McDonald's may increase the Promotion prize pool, but shall not be obliged to.
31. Prizes which are for physical delivery, shall be dispatched by special delivery post (or other means selected by McDonald's).
32. Subject to clause 16 above, winners are solely responsible for organising (at their own cost) all necessary travel, accommodation, subsistence, insurance, travel permits/documentation and other necessary or desirable features to enable the taking or enjoyment of the prize.
33. Prizes may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative, are not transferable, divisible, or permitted to be sold or resold. Prizes cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity.
34. Un-awarded, unclaimed prizes or prizes subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, will lapse and may be re-awarded by McDonald's (but without obligation to do so).
PRIZE CLAIM PROVISIONS
35. Each potential prize winner will be notified by in writing by email to the address stated at the time of entry within 48 hours the Promotion Closing Date. Potential winners will have 72 hours to confirm receipt of notification and provide McDonald’s with a copy of the Eligible Child’s passport, failing which McDonald’s reserves the right to draw an alternative prize winner.
36. Following McDonald's receipt of a copy of the Eligible Child’s passport, McDonald's shall send to the winner:
a. notification from McDonald's by email of the prize claim including whether McDonald's needs to make further contact to obtain further details (in which event it is the responsibility of the winner to make him or herself available for such further contact and to ensure that such outstanding details are finalised within any further time limits as McDonald's stipulates)
b. the liability release form (prepared by McDonald's releasing, wherever permitted by law, McDonald's, its related companies, franchisees and agencies concerned with conducting this Promotion and their respective employees, officers and agents from responsibility or liability for claims in respect of the prize) for the winner and nominated Eligible Child (together with each other companion permitted to take the trip as part of the prize package, if any);
c. the certification form (which will include undertakings that the person is the parent/guardian of the Eligible Child, that they have complied with the Rules and they will accompany an Eligible Child);
d. publicity consent form;
e. FA documentation; and/or
f. details of how to claim a contribution towards travel to the Match.
37. The entrant must provide to McDonald's, no later than 14 days after the date upon which notification of the award is first sent by McDonald's:
a. completed liability release form(s);
b. certification form;
c. publicity consent form; and
d. FA documentation,
failing which the prize will be withheld and that winner's entry and prize claim will become void.
38. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) McDonald's and its agents and/or commercial partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for: where applicable, the non-availability, loss, late receipt or damage of any text, prize-claim, prize or notification or other communication and whether by reason of mobile-telephone network-operator error or other problem, failed or corrupted transmission, handset failure (including full or unserviceable inbox) or otherwise; (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize; (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay in connection with a prize, (save to the extent expressly accepted by McDonald's in the rules); or (vi) any internet or mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering.
39. All prizes sourced by McDonald's from other suppliers remain the property of those suppliers pending delivery to winners.
40. McDonald's may:
a. terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond McDonald's control; or
b. substitute prize for another prize deemed to be an appropriate and of equal or greater value.
41. Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the McDonald's' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud. This does not affect entrant's statutory rights.
43. Enquiries about personal information held by McDonald's, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope marked "Data Protection Request".
The Promoter is: McDonald’s Restaurants Limited, (Reg. No. 1002769), 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AW. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THESE ADDRESSES.