In England, contact tracers will only:
· call from 0300 013 5000
· send text messages from ‘NHStracing’
· ask people to sign into the NHS Test and Trace contact-tracing website
In Scotland, the telephone number used by the National Contact Tracing Centre is: 0800 030 8012.
In Wales, the telephone number used by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect Service to contact you will be 02921 961133.
In Northern Ireland, the Contact Tracing Service will only call from this specific number, (028) 9536 8888.
In the Republic of Ireland, calls from the Contact Tracing Centre will come up as a private number.
Contact tracers will never:
· ask you to dial a premium rate number to speak to them (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
· ask you to make any form of payment or purchase a product or any kind
· ask for any details about your bank account
· ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts
· ask you for any passwords or PINs, or ask you to set up any passwords or PINs over the phone
· disclose any of your personal or medical information to your contacts
· ask about protected characteristics that are irrelevant to the needs of test and trace
· provide medical advice on the treatment of any potential coronavirus symptoms
· ask you to download any software to your PC or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet to anyone else
· ask you to access any website that does not belong to the government or to public health authorities
For more information, including about your rights under data protection law, please see our UK Privacy Statement or ROI Privacy Statement