McDonald’s Scholarships and Economic Opportunities
McDonald’s and its franchisees bring positive economic opportunities to the neighborhoods they serve in numerous ways, including hiring directly from the community, providing scholarships and engaging in other philanthropic activities that provide access to education, empowerment and entrepreneurship.
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and McDonald’s® are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBI) within the TMCF member-school network. Six (6) scholars will be selected to receive a merit scholarship of $10,000 for the academic year, which can be applied to verifiable costs associated with average tuition and usual fees.
- Open to students 18 years or older
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior) or a graduate student for the 2019-2020 academic school year
- Open to all majors
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Demonstrate strong community service record
Archways to Opportunity
The Archways to Opportunity program provides eligible employees at participating U.S. restaurants an opportunity to earn a high school diploma, receive upfront college tuition assistance, access free education/ career advising services and learn English as a second language. Since 2015, the education program has increased access to education for over 38,500 people and awarded over 58 million in high school and college tuition assistance.