McDonald’s, through it’s HACER® scholarship, has granted over 31 million dollars in Hispanic scholarships since its inception and is continuing to do so year after year. Our scholarships for college resources provide the essentials to pursue any field of study regardless of financial circumstances. In order to be eligible for the scholarships for Hispanics, you must meet the following criteria:
HACER® National Scholarships. $100,000 ($25,000 per year paid over 4 years) for 5 students who verify enrollment at any accredited institution that provides post-secondary education each year, among other requirements
HACER® Local Scholarships. Generally, local scholarships consist of a minimum of $1,000, although some local chapters may award different scholarship amounts.
The HACER® National Scholarship application for 2016 begins October 1st, 2016 and ends on January 18, 2017. To be eligible for a scholarship a student must:
- Be a high school senior.
- Be a legal U.S. resident.
- Be younger than 21 years old.
- Carry a minimum 2.7 GPA.
- At least one parent of Hispanic heritage.
- Be eligible to attend a two-or four-year college or university with a full-time course of study.
- Must enroll and attend an accredited institution in the academic year after their selection. Verification is needed as scholarship funds are paid directly to the school.
The supporting materials and documentation required include:
- Personal statement.
- Letter of recommendation to be submitted online.
- FAFSA report and/or 1040s.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on:
- Academic achievement.
- Financial need.
- Community involvement.
- Personal qualities and strengths as portrayed in a personal statement/questionnaire.