What is McDonald's doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
The health and safety of restaurant employees and customers is a top priority. In addition to our standard sanitation procedures, as part of McDonald's response to coronavirus, our restaurant teams have:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection of high-touchpoint surfaces,
- Continued our high standards of promoting regular and thorough handwashing and reminding our crew members of our best practices for personal hygiene,
- Where available, increased the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer as a supplement to frequent handwashing,
- Trained our crew members of current social distancing procedures,
- Implemented contactless operations,
- Closed all PlayPlaces and seating areas in majority of dining rooms, and
- Required any employee who is ill to stay home from work.
Additionally, we are providing scenario-based guidance to restaurant management on how to work through various COVID-19 related situations, and communicating health and safety guidance updates from federal health authorities. We will continue to evaluate all safety measures currently in place, and adjust accordingly as we remain focused on the health and safety of restaurant employees and you, our customers.